1910 Maxwell Beginning Restoration --- Paint Schemes?

  • f1fanwoodsie28
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
      Hello all. Recently my father and I have begun to work on the 1910 Q3
      Touring car that he and his father and uncle pulled from a collapsed
      barn in the early '60s. The car is not in the best shape body-wise,
      but we have most of the brass pieces from it, and the frame and
      radiator are also in very good shape. The engine was taken apart and
      cleaned by my grandfather in the 1970s, but really hasn't been touched
      since. I will post pictures in the Photos section soon.

      We are currently having fenders made, which will explain the lack of
      fenders on the car in the pictures. As soon as it gets warm, though,
      we'd like to really start working on the car. We know that eventually
      we will have to take the engine apart to make sure it is sound and to
      replace all seals and whatnot, but one thing we are really unsure of
      is the paint scheme. My father thought that would be a good and quick
      thing we could do to the frame at least to stop it from rusting any
      further. I had heard the 1910s were all blue in color? Does this
      include the frame or was it painted black? Moreover, does anyone have
      pictures (as in closeups) of different pieces of the car so we know
      which piece is painted which color?

      Thank you all very much for your help!

      ---Greg
    • Richard Anderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 6, 2008
        Greg......I can't speak about specifically about the Q3...but on my 1908 K, 1909 DA & 1910 E the frame is the same as the body color and the fenders are black. The splash aprons, wheels, axels, etc. are all body color as is the hood. I would guess the same scheme follows on the Q3...but maybe a Q3 owner knows more.....

        Rich Anderson
        206-240-9434

        To: maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com
        From: f1fanwoodsie28@...
        Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 23:13:43 +0000
        Subject: [maxwellbriscoeowners] 1910 Maxwell Beginning Restoration --- Paint Schemes?

[...]

        Need to know the score, the latest news, or you need your HotmailĀ®-get your "fix". Check it out.
      • Vern Campbell
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 10, 2008
          Greg:
              We have a couple of dozen Maxwell Q's listed in the Registry.  I am sure that many of these owners are willing to share whatever information they have on this model.  I am one of them.  If you let us know who you are, and where you are, I can put you in touch with other Q owners.  For starters, are you listed in the Maxwell Registry?  If not, we would like to include you.  I keep the Maxwell Registry, so let me know and we will get you in contact with some people who can help.
              Vern Campbell.  734-439-7727.