Re: [maxwellbriscoeowners] Hershey!! Maxwell gathering at HCCA tent

  • michael bernard
    Message 1 of 12 , Sep 4, 2007
      Jim,

      Michael Bernard again. Just wanted to know if we were allowed to bring Maxwell stuff to sell at the meet. Was not there last year and I remember talk about a parts swap.

      Michael
      JIm Dix <jdix6@...> wrote:
      If everyone is still interested, I've asked for the same time at
      Hershey in the HCCA tent this year as last, Thursday at 3 PM. A "hat"
      will be passed to offset the costs of the tent. I'll have a hand out of
      last year's attendees and their information.

      Let me know if this works, the schedule at the tent is being set up.

      Thanks,

      Jim Dix

    • Jim Dix
      Message 2 of 12 , Sep 5, 2007
        Mike,
        I don't know if it's appropriate to sell parts at the HCCA tent, I would guess not. If you were to say you have parts available and set up a meeting place it might work, or find someone that might let you use their spot.

      • awentsbury@aol.com
        Message 3 of 12 , Sep 9, 2007
          I would have thought that it would be ok to sell or swap parts at the meeting , or at least be given the chance to tell the fellow owners what you have for sale , after all this group is to help Maxwell owners not to make it difficult for them.
          Ian Kerr .
          1910 model AA .
          Birmingham . UK
          Looking forward to meeting fellow group members.

          Message 4 of 12 , Sep 9, 2007
            I'm sure you can announce what you have available and where it is.
            I don't think it's appropriate to drag a bunch of stuff into the HCCA tent and go about selling it. We have the tent for an hour or so and there may be folks using it before and after us.
            For that matter if folks have stuff or are looking for something, it's perfectly acceptable to announce it on the forum! If you're looking for the whazit on the right brake drum, let the forum know and we'll all be looking.
            See you there!
            Jim