looking for a rear hub 1910 Q4 Semi-Racer

  • Richard Finley
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 20, 2007
      Hello-
      I 'volunteered' to help a friend with the brakes on his 1910 Semi-racer "Sportsman". The car is so worn out on the right side that the tapered hub has no taper and the keyway is non-existant. Not knowing much about Maxwells, I was wondering if there are any other hubs that might fit. The wheel is OK, but wobbles about an inch due to the wear. He has actually been driving it like this. If someone knows of a hub or wheel & hub, please let me know. He says that this is the only one known to exist, but I imagine there might still be a few around. Any help would be appreciated.

      Thanks,
      Richard Finley
    • Richard Anderson
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 20, 2007
        Richard...can you supply dimensions and even pictures of this hub ? Since
        this is a 4 cyl. car I suspect the hubs will be similar to the other 4 cyl.
        ones made during those years. I have a full set of hubs (front and rear) for
        a 1910 Maxwell.....something might fit what you need.

        Rich Anderson
        206-240-9434

        >From: Richard Finley <clutchshop@...>
        >To: maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com
        >Subject: [maxwellbriscoeowners] looking for a rear hub 1910 Q4 Semi-Racer
        >Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:52:03 -0700 (PDT)
        >
        >Hello-
        > I 'volunteered' to help a friend with the brakes on his 1910 Semi-racer
        >"Sportsman". The car is so worn out on the right side that the tapered hub
        >has no taper and the keyway is non-existant. Not knowing much about
        >Maxwells, I was wondering if there are any other hubs that might fit. The
        >wheel is OK, but wobbles about an inch due to the wear. He has actually
        >been driving it like this. If someone knows of a hub or wheel & hub,
        >please let me know. He says that this is the only one known to exist, but
        >I imagine there might still be a few around. Any help would be
        >appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Richard Finley

        Exercise your brain! Try Flexicon.
        http://games.msn.com/en/flexicon/default.htm?icid=flexicon_hmemailtaglinemarch07
      • Richard Finley
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 20, 2007
          Great! Pictures & dimensions will be on the way tomorrow
          Thanks,
          Richard Finley

          Richard Anderson <rvanderson5@...> wrote:
          Richard...can you supply dimensions and even pictures of this hub ? Since
          this is a 4 cyl. car I suspect the hubs will be similar to the other 4 cyl.
          ones made during those years. I have a full set of hubs (front and rear) for
          a 1910 Maxwell.....something might fit what you need.

          Rich Anderson
          206-240-9434

          >From: Richard Finley
          >To: maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: [maxwellbriscoeowners] looking for a rear hub 1910 Q4 Semi-Racer
          >Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 12:52:03 -0700 (PDT)
          >
          >Hello-
          > I 'volunteered' to help a friend with the brakes on his 1910 Semi-racer
          >"Sportsman". The car is so worn out on the right side that the tapered hub
          >has no taper and the keyway is non-existant. Not knowing much about
          >Maxwells, I was wondering if there are any other hubs that might fit. The
          >wheel is OK, but wobbles about an inch due to the wear. He has actually
          >been driving it like this. If someone knows of a hub or wheel & hub,
          >please let me know. He says that this is the only one known to exist, but
          >I imagine there might still be a few around. Any help would be
          >appreciated.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > Richard Finley

          <*> Your email settings: