Blaker Auction

  • Chuck Richardson
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 8, 2006
      Kruse is running an auction of the Jess Blaker collection on Saturday, Aug 10, in Turlock, CA.
      Included are what is called a 1911 Touring (see picture at
      http://www.kruse.com/images/pics/2006/blaker06/127_3.jpg).
      It kinda looks like an Model I, but the cowl seems wrong and the line on the body thru the
      doors is strange. I don't know the cars well enough to tell.
      Also up is a ?1909? runabout
      (http://www.kruse.com/images/pics/2006/blaker06/112_3.jpg).
      The running boards look like an '08 NC, not like any of the pictures of '09's I have.
    • Chuck Richardson
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 8, 2006
        The auction is Saturday, Aug 12, at 10 AM.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 13, 2006
          The GA was number 5162. To my inexperienced eye, it looked fairly original. I'll post pix of
          the engine, etc. The runabout was modified with a starter and magneto. It also was running
          on 23" wheels (30x3 1/2). I didn't stay for the auction, but it was crowded.
        • Richard Anderson
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 14, 2006
            Does anyone know what $$ they sold for ?....I heard the GA went for $38K +
            10% buyers premium....True ??

            Rich Anderson
            206-240-9434

            >From: "Chuck Richardson" <chuckier@...>
            >To: maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [maxwellbriscoeowners] Re: Blaker Auction
            >Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 19:53:13 -0000
            >
            >The GA was number 5162. To my inexperienced eye, it looked fairly
            >original. I'll post pix of
            >the engine, etc. The runabout was modified with a starter and magneto. It
            >also was running
            >on 23" wheels (30x3 1/2). I didn't stay for the auction, but it was
            >crowded.

          • Leroy Francies
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 16, 2006
              Results from the Blaker auction. The Maxwell touring went for
              $41,000 and the runabout$21,500. The 1907 Franklin touring $52,000
              Leroy Francies

              --- In maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Anderson"