Buyer Beware

  • maxwellwest2
    Message 1 of 14 , May 12, 2006
      Whoever did that car must have had a bad dream. Merle
    • Terry Huston
      Message 2 of 14 , May 12, 2006
        Sorry, Merle, but what car are you referring to?

        TH

        On May 12, 2006, at 2:09 PM, maxwellwest2 wrote:

        > Whoever did that car must have had a bad dream. Merle
      • Chuck Richardson
        Message 3 of 14 , May 13, 2006
          Is it the runabout on ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1909-MAXWELL-MINT-
          CONDITION_W0QQitemZ4638868064QQcategoryZ6472QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem)? They
          were asking $37,500 for it on their web site a couple weeks ago!
        • Merle
          Message 4 of 14 , May 13, 2006
            Chuck- The one with the tailamp on the right(wrong) side.

            Message 5 of 14 , May 13, 2006
              Yes...with a cream and red body, funny little tool box in the rear and the brass squares on the
              radiator.
            • Merle
              Message 6 of 14 , May 13, 2006
                Chuck- Correct. Trouble is- The buyer will not be aware. Merle
                Message 7 of 14 , May 13, 2006
                  Chuck- Not to mention : wrong engine(partial),ignition, coil, steering column, floorboard trim, upholstery, horn, headlamp brackets, sidelamps, tailamp fount, oil and grease fittings, muffler, hood hooks, hose clamps, carb heater, radiator core, carb. generator on wrong side of car, water elbos should be C.I., VIN plate should be riveted on, hand crank and hood pockets should not be brass plated and no visible grease shield part No. 818. Merle

                • Terry Huston
                  Message 8 of 14 , May 14, 2006
                    Does the advertised VIN no. of 125 tell you anything?

                    TH

                    On May 13, 2006, at 11:09 PM, Merle wrote:

                    Chuck- Not to mention : wrong engine(partial),ignition, coil, steering column, floorboard trim, upholstery, horn, headlamp brackets, sidelamps, tailamp fount, oil and grease fittings, muffler, hood hooks, hose clamps, carb heater, radiator core, carb. generator on wrong side of car, water elbos should be C.I., VIN plate should be riveted on, hand crank and hood pockets should not be brass plated and no visible grease shield part No. 818. Merle

                    Automotive technicianAutomotive technician trainingAutomotive shop equipment
                    Automotive equipmentAutomotive technician employmentAutomotive technician course

                    YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  • Chuck Richardson
                    Message 9 of 14 , May 14, 2006
                      Now I know why they think it is worth so much, it is a unique car and it is brass plated!
                    • Chuck Richardson
                      Message 10 of 14 , May 14, 2006
                        I can't tell if it matches the number on the plate, altho it is a three digit stamp starting with a
                        1, i.e. 1??. The Maxwell registry doesn't list an '09 A with that early serial number.

                          Message 12 of 14 , May 14, 2006
                            Just wondering. Their web site had the VIN listed as 125, which was my source. I couldn't tell a thing from the picture, except they used screws. ;-)

                            TH

                            Message 13 of 14 , May 27, 2006
                              Anybody know who bought the '09? Maxwell on Ebay?
                            • Chuck Richardson
                              Message 14 of 14 , May 28, 2006
                                It did not sell-didn't meet its reserve--and has been relisted (Item #4643968595). The
                                current bid is $17,100.