Identification

  • Chuck Richardson
    Message 1 of 8 , Mar 3, 2006
      Peter Kirkup sent this photo to the Maxwell-Messenger site for identification. I don't know
      these cars personally, but it seemed from looking at old sales catelogues to look like either
      an '08 D or '09 DA. I thought so because of the square cowl lamps and rounded rear fender.
      It's not a great photo, but perhaps someone more expert can help. I'll post the photo in the
      files on the right and on my site. Thanks.
    • Terry Huston
      Message 2 of 8 , Mar 3, 2006
        At the risk of revealing my ignorance, could the rear step be a clue? In the Gazette gallery pictures, the rear step of the DA seems to come to the outer edge of the running board, while the step of the D does not. The car in the picture seems to have the DA step. Or, I need new glasses.

        TH

        On Mar 3, 2006, at 7:36 PM, Chuck Richardson wrote:

        Peter Kirkup sent this photo to the Maxwell-Messenger site for identification.  I don't know
        these cars personally, but it seemed from looking at old sales catelogues to look like either
        an '08 D or '09 DA.  I thought so because of the square cowl lamps and rounded rear fender.
        It's not a great photo, but perhaps someone more expert can help.  I'll post the photo in the
        files on the right and on my site.  Thanks.

        Automotive technician Automotive technician training Automotive shop equipment
        Automotive equipment Automotive technician employment Automotive technician course

        YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

      • Chuck Richardson
        Message 3 of 8 , Mar 4, 2006
          That is what I see, too. So, until someone says better, I'll tell Peter it was most likely a DA.
          Thanks, Chuck
        • Richard Anderson
          Message 4 of 8 , Mar 4, 2006
            Chuck....how do I view the picture...I'd like to see it as I have both an 08
            K and an 09 DA

            Rich Anderson
            206-240-9434

            >From: "Chuck Richardson" <chuckier@...>
            >To: maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com
            >Subject: [maxwellbriscoeowners] Identification
            >Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2006 00:36:06 -0000
            >
            >Peter Kirkup sent this photo to the Maxwell-Messenger site for
            >identification. I don't know
            >these cars personally, but it seemed from looking at old sales catelogues
            >to look like either
            >an '08 D or '09 DA. I thought so because of the square cowl lamps and
            >rounded rear fender.
            >It's not a great photo, but perhaps someone more expert can help. I'll
            >post the photo in the
            >files on the right and on my site. Thanks.

          • tcthoburn
            Message 5 of 8 , Mar 4, 2006
              Rich - You can find the picture in question by clicking on Photos
              (menu on the left). Go to Miscellaneous album. Go to last
              picture in the album. You can also can find it on
              www.maxwell-messenger.info near
              the bottom of the home page.

              The photo does not have very good resolution. If it could be reposted
              with higher resolution it would help greatly with identification.

              --- In maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com, "Richard Anderson"

              Message 6 of 8 , Mar 5, 2006
                The picture is what I received. I asked and he said he would try to get a better scan, one that
                shows any pin-striping, the license plate, etc.
              • Leroy Francies
                Message 7 of 8 , Mar 5, 2006
                  --According to the Gazzette article pictures the 08 & 09 have different
                  spark levers. From your picture it looks like the 09 lever. Leroy
                  Francies

                • Richard Anderson
                  Message 8 of 8 , Mar 5, 2006
                    Thanks....it is very difficult to tell from that picture.....

                    Rich Anderson
                    206-240-9434