Re: [maxwellbriscoeowners] Thread Tap

  • George House
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
      I might Merle; what are the dimensions? I've special ordered several taps over the years and if I have it - you're welcomed to it. Have you found the front fully elliptic spring yet? If not, I might accomodate with it also . . . .sonny

      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 1, 2005
        Jim & George- Thanks for the response. I believe the thread size is 1-
        3/4" X 16. George- The spring size is 28" center of bolts(plus or minus)
        and the leaves have the alignment ears. Merle
      • Doris & Vern Campbell
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 5, 2005
          Hello:
          The 1-3/4 X16 tap is also available from J &L Industrial Supply for
          $60.24. Part number TSP-21719H. phone number 800-521-9520.
          www.jlindustrial.com. Their headquarters are near me in Livonia, MI. This
          is also an imported tap, but I agree with John that for our type of use,
          they seem to be adequate.
          Vern Campbell
          > Jim & George- Thanks for the response. I believe the thread size is 1-
          > 3/4" X 16. George- The spring size is 28" center of bolts(plus or minus)
          > and the leaves have the alignment ears. Merle
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links

        • Merle
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 6, 2005
            To all- Thanks much for the information. I will ponder the problem. I may try to make a clean-up tap from a badly worn pin I happen to have. Merle