Re: [maxwellbriscoeowners] Storing top down

  • Terry Huston
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 1 6:05 AM
      We had to tow once with the top down, but we put it up and leave it there as much as possible. No harm done on a 6-hour trip and when the car was stowed overnight, but we didn't leave it down for any longer than necessary.

      On Apr 1, 2013, at 1:29 AM, mascotte1912 wrote:

      I have an enclosed 24ft trailer. It is the standard height inside. We have wrecked our extra tall enclosed trailer. It would allow the car to be stored top up. The top on this 1912 Mascotte has never been down. I was wondering if any of you were towing or storing with the top down? I'm concerned about permanent folds in the top or windows. I could just tow with it down and store in the garage with the top up for now.

    • Doris and Vern Campbell
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 1 9:04 AM
        Hello:
            Always store with the top up.  You have it figured out.  Many of us do not have trailers that will accommodate a car with the top up.  It is a lot easier on the top to remember to put it down BEFORE trying to drive it into a trailer that is not high enough.
           Vern Campbell
      • mascotte1912
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 1 10:03 AM
          --- In maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com, "mascotte1912" <fnfast2@...> wrote:

          > I have an enclosed 24ft trailer. It is the standard height inside. We have wrecked our extra tall enclosed trailer. It would allow the car to be stored top up. The top on this 1912 Mascotte has never been down. I was wondering if any of you were towing or storing with the top down? I'm concerned about permanent folds in the top or windows. I could just tow with it down and store in the garage with the top up for now.

          Thanks for the replies. I plan to buy a tall trailer again just not now. It's nice to be able to store it in the trailer top up. I also bought a car cover from Mac's for a 1915 Ford Model T Touring. It fits pretty well. I put bowling ball covers on the headlights. They are microfiber with drawstrings.