What size and length should the fuel line be?

  • rustyderby
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 10, 2013
      Since the subject was brought up and I am in the process of installing my fuel tank! Just what is the diameter of the tubing? Was it steel? What is the length and the correct routing? Was there a shut off valve,sediment bowl? If so,where ?
      Regards,Gary,Ohio
    • Greg W.
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013

        Bump.  I've also been wondering this for my 1910 Q3. It was missing its fuel tank and lines, so I'm not even sure what the dimensions of the fuel tank are, either. Can anyone help with that?

        ---Greg

        On Feb 10, 2013 10:21 AM, "rustyderby" <fgary@...> wrote:

        Since the subject was brought up and I am in the process of installing my fuel tank! Just what is the diameter of the tubing? Was it steel? What is the length and the correct routing? Was there a shut off valve,sediment bowl? If so,where ?
        Regards,Gary,Ohio

      • David
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 11, 2013
          Gary, There is an illustration of the fuel line in the AB Parts book on the Maxwell Messenger site under "Technical Info".
          The line is made from brass and is 3/8"dia up to about the firewall reducing to 1/4" to the carburettor. A shut off valve is fitted at the tank take off. I have also fitted a sediment bowl filter at the tank on my AC but its not original.
          Greg, I cant help with your Q3.
          David