Yahoo! Groups Labs Applications (beta) and Groups Chat shutdown

  • Shamas
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 2, 2012
      I received this today. I do NOT believe that it means our group is being shut down. I belong to many Yahoo Groups and the same message appears on all of them.
      If anyone can add more information please do.
      Jim Dix
      Big Flats NY
      Somewhere west of Pluto
      Very comfortable in pre 1916 technology.

      "Dear User,

      Unfortunately, the time has come to say goodbye to Yahoo! Groups Labs Applications (beta) and Groups Chat. We thank all the users that were a part
      of this program. We intend to use this learning to enhance Yahoo! Groups further with new features.

      On July 04, 2012, we will shut down the Yahoo! Groups Labs Applications (beta) and Groups Chat. We request you to backup any data that you might have
      created using the applications.

      This closure will not affect your other services on Yahoo! Groups.
      We look forward to continue having you as our customer.

      Best,
      The Yahoo! Groups Team"