1910 AA Maxwell, flooded during Irene

  • Sanford Sears
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 9 9:14 AM
      Again, thanks for all your help and advice as to the Maxwell flooded during Hurrican Irene.  Work is going well, the engine has nice compression, the rear end and transmission are back together.  It would appear that flood waters were higher then orginally though and I have coil and magneto problems.  Ideas, suggestions, advice?

      Sanford in a dryer North Carolina.
    • DAVID MARSHALL
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 9 9:17 AM
        Hi Sanford,
        do u use the Spildorf coils ?
        Dave in Wichita

        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 9 9:20 AM
          The coils are the remade Harley's

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 9 9:32 AM
            Hmm, dont know who does those, RV Anderson rvmodelt@...  re-did my Splitdorf's, I suppose you could try him in case he does Harleys also.....??
            Dave

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 9 3:25 PM
              Sanford,
              I use the Harley 6v ignition coil in my Maxwell AC, new ones are available from J&P Cycles Iowa 1-800-338-1747. WWW.JPCYCLES.COM
              The part number is "3800095 Thunderbolt 6 volt coil", cost was $36.99 18 months ago
              David McCredie