Re: Maxwells in New Zealand

  • kevin
    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
      do you have brisoes there too ?

      --- In maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com, Frank Cerutti <cerutfa@...> wrote:

      > Ladies and Gents
      > The latest monthly edition of Beaded Wheels, the magazine of the Vintage Car Club of New Zealand features
      > two Maxwells. A scan of the articles is attached.
      >
      > Frank Cerutti
      > 1909 LD9024
      > Townsville, Australia
      >
      > --
      > Home phone - 07 4775 7885 || Home fax - 07 4422 0034 || Home e-mail - cerutfa@...
      > Work phone - 07 4727 6598 || Work fax - 07 4727 6680 || Work e-mail - frank.cerutti@...
      > Mobile phone - 0417 705 309 || Mail: 22 Sabadine Street, Aitkenvale 4814, Queensland, Australia

    • Steve
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 2, 2011
        Couldn't find the story. Steve

        > The latest monthly edition of Beaded Wheels, the magazine of the Vintage Car Club of New Zealand features
        > two Maxwells. A scan of the articles is attached.
        >
        > Frank Cerutti
        > 1909 LD9024
        > Townsville, Australia
        >
        > --
        > Home phone - 07 4775 7885 || Home fax - 07 4422 0034 || Home e-mail - cerutfa@...
        > Work phone - 07 4727 6598 || Work fax - 07 4727 6680 || Work e-mail - frank.cerutti@...
        > Mobile phone - 0417 705 309 || Mail: 22 Sabadine Street, Aitkenvale 4814, Queensland, Australia

      • Frank Cerutti
        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 3, 2011
          Don't know, mate. New Zealand is a sovereign country 1,300 miles east of Australia across the ditch called the Tasman Sea. I could guess, yes.

          On 3/11/2011 3:38 AM, kevin wrote:

          do you have brisoes there too ?

          --- In maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com, Frank Cerutti <cerutfa@...> wrote:

          > Ladies and Gents
          > The latest monthly edition of Beaded Wheels, the magazine of the Vintage Car Club of New Zealand features
          > two Maxwells. A scan of the articles is attached.
          >
          > Frank Cerutti
          > 1909 LD9024
          > Townsville, Australia
          >
          > --
          > Home phone - 07 4775 7885 || Home fax - 07 4422 0034 || Home e-mail - cerutfa@...
          > Work phone - 07 4727 6598 || Work fax - 07 4727 6680 || Work e-mail - frank.cerutti@...
          > Mobile phone - 0417 705 309 || Mail: 22 Sabadine Street, Aitkenvale 4814, Queensland, Australia

        • Frank Cerutti

            > The latest monthly edition of Beaded Wheels, the magazine of the Vintage Car Club of New Zealand features
            > two Maxwells. A scan of the articles is attached.
            >
            > Frank Cerutti
            > 1909 LD9024
            > Townsville, Australia
            >
            > --
            > Home phone - 07 4775 7885 || Home fax - 07 4422 0034 || Home e-mail - cerutfa@...
            > Work phone - 07 4727 6598 || Work fax - 07 4727 6680 || Work e-mail - frank.cerutti@...
            > Mobile phone - 0417 705 309 || Mail: 22 Sabadine Street, Aitkenvale 4814, Queensland, Australia

          • kevin wiedrick
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 3, 2011
              i did not know if in 1918 they shipped cars that fare

              Don't know, mate. New Zealand is a sovereign country 1,300 miles east of Australia across the ditch called the Tasman Sea. I could guess, yes.

              Frank Cerutti
              1909 LD9024
              Townsville, Australia
              Home phone - 07 4775 7885 || Home fax - 07 4422 0034 || Home e-mail - cerutfa@...
              Work phone - 07 4727 6598 || Work fax - 07 4727 6680 || Work e-mail - frank.cerutti@...
              Mobile phone - 0417 705 309 || Mail: 22 Sabadine Street, Aitkenvale 4814, Queensland, Australia

              On 3/11/2011 3:38 AM, kevin wrote:

              do you have brisoes there too ?

              --- In maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com, Frank Cerutti <cerutfa@...> wrote:

              > Ladies and Gents
              > The latest monthly edition of Beaded Wheels, the magazine of the Vintage Car Club of New Zealand features
              > two Maxwells. A scan of the articles is attached.
              >
              > Frank Cerutti
              > 1909 LD9024
              > Townsville, Australia
              >
              > --
              > Home phone - 07 4775 7885 || Home fax - 07 4422 0034 || Home e-mail - cerutfa@...
              > Work phone - 07 4727 6598 || Work fax - 07 4727 6680 || Work e-mail - frank.cerutti@...
              > Mobile phone - 0417 705 309 || Mail: 22 Sabadine Street, Aitkenvale 4814, Queensland, Australia

            • Howard Dennis
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 3, 2011
                Kevin, I can’t say for sure if Briscoe’s were shipped there or not. I have however sourced 1915-1917 Maxwell parts from cars as well as replacement parts shipped over there, (Down there?) when they were new so I’d guess the possibility of Briscoes  there would be very likely.

                Howard Dennis

                Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 5:23 AM

                --- In mailto:maxwellbriscoeowners%40yahoogroups.com, Frank Cerutti mailto:cerutfa@... wrote:

                > Ladies and Gents
                > The latest monthly edition of Beaded Wheels, the magazine of the Vintage Car Club of New Zealand features
                > two Maxwells. A scan of the articles is attached.
                >
                > Frank Cerutti
                > 1909 LD9024
                > Townsville, Australia
                >
                > --
                > Home phone - 07 4775 7885 || Home fax - 07 4422 0034 || Home e-mail - cerutfa@...
                > Work phone - 07 4727 6598 || Work fax - 07 4727 6680 || Work e-mail - frank.cerutti@...
                > Mobile phone - 0417 705 309 || Mail: 22 Sabadine Street, Aitkenvale 4814, Queensland, Australia

              • Kevin Wiedrick
                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 3, 2011
                  I gess I need to open up my look of parts ! I just did not think about shipping in the 1910's-1920's

                  Sent from my iPhone

                  Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 5:23 AM

                  i did not know if in 1918 they shipped cars that fare

                  Don't know, mate. New Zealand is a sovereign country 1,300 miles east of Australia across the ditch called the Tasman Sea. I could guess, yes.

                  Frank Cerutti
                  1909 LD9024
                  Townsville, Australia
                  Home phone - 07 4775 7885 || Home fax - 07 4422 0034 || Home e-mail - cerutfa@...
                  Work phone - 07 4727 6598 || Work fax - 07 4727 6680 || Work e-mail - frank.cerutti@...
                  Mobile phone - 0417 705 309 || Mail: 22 Sabadine Street, Aitkenvale 4814, Queensland, Australia

                  On 3/11/2011 3:38 AM, kevin wrote:

                  do you have brisoes there too ?

                  --- In mailto:maxwellbriscoeowners%40yahoogroups.com, Frank Cerutti mailto:cerutfa@... wrote:

                  > Ladies and Gents
                  > The latest monthly edition of Beaded Wheels, the magazine of the Vintage Car Club of New Zealand features
                  > two Maxwells. A scan of the articles is attached.
                  >
                  > Frank Cerutti
                  > 1909 LD9024
                  > Townsville, Australia
                  >
                  > --
                  > Home phone - 07 4775 7885 || Home fax - 07 4422 0034 || Home e-mail - cerutfa@...
                  > Work phone - 07 4727 6598 || Work fax - 07 4727 6680 || Work e-mail - frank.cerutti@...
                  > Mobile phone - 0417 705 309 || Mail: 22 Sabadine Street, Aitkenvale 4814, Queensland, Australia

                • Kit Maxwell
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 3, 2011
                    There are at least six 1914 to 1920 Briscoe cars currently active in car events in New Zealand. Most were imported new. Also more than 10 Maxwell brand cars from 1905 to 1922 are also in active use.
                    My 1913 50HP six Cylinder Mawell- 7 passenger Tourer travels around 1000 miles per year.
                    Kit Maxwell
                    Auckland
                    New Zealand

                    Sent: Thursday, November 03, 2011 5:23 AM