1909 Maxwell Model A

  • Doc Essig
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 18, 2011
    I am preparing to sell a car that has been in our family since 1949.
    My father sold Chryslers and actually took this car on a trade-in.
    I restored the car myself in the early 80's.
    As you can see, I chose colors that I liked!

    I will be moving in the next year or two and am downsizing so
    will lose my "man-cave!"

    Please let me know if there is interest.
    The car is not perfect, as you can see by the photos.
    Side lights and headlights were converted to battery
    prior to my Dad getting the car. Carbide tank is not attached.
    I attached a fan to help draw air through the radiator.
    I drove the car at least every 2 or 3 months until recently.
    I believe it may have a crack in one cylinder as oil and water/
    antifreeze came out as I was changing the oil last month.

    I can email my phone number if questions.

  • Merle Simonsma

      Message 3 of 6 , Jul 19, 2011
      Merle,
      Here are 2 pictures of the dash.