Seeking Original L Tourabout for Reference

  • mortierusa
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 26, 2011
      Being new to Maxwell, I was wondering if there are any original (or nearly original) Model L Tourabouts that I could refer to in my restoration. There are many questions that could be answered with access to photographing such a car.

      Phil Jamison
      PA
    • Richard and Arlene Baril
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 26, 2011

        Phil ---- What year is your Tourabout L--- I have an "07" R/L Tourabout --- all original---

                              Dick

        Being new to Maxwell, I was wondering if there are any original (or nearly original) Model L Tourabouts that I could refer to in my restoration. There are many questions that could be answered with access to photographing such a car.

        Phil Jamison
        PA

      • Philip Jamison
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 26, 2011
          Hi Dick. My L is a 1905... I think. Anyway, the serial number is 324, so it could be an '06. It's a '50s "spray & drive away" restoration with misc. holes, etc. but in pretty good overall shape. It would be nice to study a more original car. Are you in CT?

          Phil

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 26, 2011

            Phil...Yes you have an early car...I'm sure Vern Campbell can tell you

            the exact year by the serial #....yes I am in Ct....the serial # of

            my car is 4233...you can see it anytime you like...if you need a pic

            of anything just let me know and I'll try to e-mail it to you...Its been on

            a number of calenders and actually the pic was on sale on ebay!!!!!!

            I tried to stop the guy from using it but to no avail...it is a copywrited

            shot.......where are you in Pa.   I have another business in West Chester!!!

            its about a 6 hour drive from here....I live in northeast Ct. about 12 miles from

            the RI line....

                            Dick

            Being new to Maxwell, I was wondering if there are any original (or nearly original) Model L Tourabouts that I could refer to in my restoration. There are many questions that could be answered with access to photographing such a car.

            Phil Jamison
            PA

          • Ronald Davis
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 26, 2011
              My 1906 serial # L1460 is a recent restoration that I was very careful to keep acurate, and it has been evaluated by Merle Simonsma at the time it was judged for its First Junior.  We also earned a Senior the next year.  I am located midway between the Ct and Pa locations, near Albany, NY and would share pics if you would like them.
              Ron Davis, Cobleskill, NY

              To: maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com

              Message 6 of 10 , Feb 26, 2011
                THanks for the reply, Dick. I live in West Chester, PA. You have a business here? I'm right in town.

                Good luck wth your photo copyright. On the internet, everything gets stolen!

                Could you send me a photo of your car? I would like to see it sometime. Mine has various things that need TLC. It would be nice to see how they mounted the side lamps, wired the plugs, ran the oil tubes, etc. I do go north occasionally.

                Best,

                Phil

                Message 7 of 10 , Feb 27, 2011

                  Phil...Brandywine Labels Inc....near A Dewey Pyle....run by my partner Tom Brown..

                  Have friends that live there....the Vaughns....Jeff Vaughn just finished buildiong

                  a Rans RV-7 airplane....great job and a nice flyer...I am a former pilot and aircraft

                  mech...worked on helicopters....ben to the museum in West Chester...will try to get

                  some shots of what you want and e-mail them to you....will be leaving for six

                  weeks on Fri or Sat.

                              Best,

                                             Dick

                    Message 9 of 10 , Feb 27, 2011
                      Hello:
                         I am Vern Campbell, and I keep the Maxwell Registry. I do not find you listed Phil, but we would like to have you included.  Please send me your name and address and the serial number on the car.  We may have the car  listed under a previous owner, or we may have found a new one.  I can also send you a copy of the Registry, and that will tell you all the other cars like yours that we know about.  The Registry is a good networking tool, and you have already heard from some willing to share information with you.  Vern Campbell dvcampbell@...
                    • mortierusa
                      Message 10 of 10 , Feb 27, 2011
                        Thanks for the replies I received from my request for information. You will certainly help me with my restoration. I will post a photo of my car in the photo section. I just took delivery of it yesterday. It was formerly owned by Paul Vaughn.

                        Phil Jamison