Help needed with the rear axle casing for Model A AA AB etc

  • howard_hodson
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 18, 2011
      I have just finished remanufacturing a differential, axles and bearings for my Model AB after the old ones were ruined by a previous redesign. When I came to assemble everything, I found that the RH differential casing had been repaired after it had broken. Unfortunately, it is distorted. With the new differential etc, the distortion is such that I I cannot possibly fit it all together. It seems that the play in the old bearings and differential was large enough to accomodate the distortion

      I really just need the righ hand casing (part number 850), though the left hand one might be useful in case they were made as matched pairs. The condition of the axle tubes doesn't matter so long as there is enought material to support a bearing insert.

      I'd also like a pinion housing (part number 821) if someone has one. This is not a show stopper but it would save me some effort.

      I have a shared container coming over in to the UK about 1-2 week's time so shipping would only need to be to the US

      Howard Hodson
      Cambridge UK
    • Ian Kerr
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2011
        Hi Howard ,
        I may have a lead for you .

        Birmingham
        Give me a ring , in vcc book./
        ian Kerr

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2011

          Many thanks. Unfortunately, the lead didn’t work out so I’m still looking

          Howard Hodson

          Cambridge UK