Update

  • JIm Dix
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 21, 2004
      Actually I'm posting something just to show Yahoo we're still alive,
      more or less.

      Got the seat upholstered at an Amish Buggy shop near Penn Yan NY.
      They also did Steve Heald's car and do great work at a reasonable
      price, they do have a waiting list as you might guess.

      The project in the garage is nearing completion, hopefully it will
      get out and the Maxwell will get in so I can get it ready for the 1 &
      2 cylinder tour in Cape May mother's day. Need to sort out the carb,
      figure out why the mag signed out for a short (no pun intended) time
      on the MA tour, along with putting seals on the transmission &
      possibly the crank shafts to slow down the leaks. Made up a standpipe
      like Tim S suggested to keep the level down. Need to put that in.
      Maybe get the 1910 plates registered. And .................

      What are other folks up to?

      Have a good Thanksgiving all.

      Jim
    • David Young
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 21, 2004
        OK, a little cyber workout. Interested in details on Cape May tour. It
        will be time to give Rochester a little workout by then. A little
        challenge first. The A did fairly well in Newcastle with hills but a
        month or so ago we had it out for Dianne's son who was doing a video on
        our cars for some cable group and it was difficult getting back up our
        drive - rather steep. I am almost sure I had sufficient gas in tank -
        been there a few time with the Model T. Either you back up or you won't
        go up. It just seemed to lack power - I had to stop and go to get up.
        The time has be remanufactured and the linkage is a little strange so I am
        wondering if the linkage is not allowing me to get enough movement to
        advance spark. Sometimes, I have found that with the T you can back off
        the spark a little when you are chugging a hill and things will move along
        better.

        This among a list a mile long of winter tasks is what I am up to.

        David

        On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, JIm Dix wrote:

        > Actually I'm posting something just to show Yahoo we're still alive,
        > more or less.
        >
        > Got the seat upholstered at an Amish Buggy shop near Penn Yan NY.
        > They also did Steve Heald's car and do great work at a reasonable
        > price, they do have a waiting list as you might guess.
        >
        > The project in the garage is nearing completion, hopefully it will
        > get out and the Maxwell will get in so I can get it ready for the 1 &
        > 2 cylinder tour in Cape May mother's day. Need to sort out the carb,
        > figure out why the mag signed out for a short (no pun intended) time
        > on the MA tour, along with putting seals on the transmission &
        > possibly the crank shafts to slow down the leaks. Made up a standpipe
        > like Tim S suggested to keep the level down. Need to put that in.
        > Maybe get the 1910 plates registered. And .................
        >
        > What are other folks up to?
        >
        > Have a good Thanksgiving all.
        >
        > Jim
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Jim Dix
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 22, 2004
          The Cape May tour is a small low keyed 1 - 2 day tour run by Bob Nunnink.
          We've not done the Cape May one but were on the previous one. I guess you
          could contact Bob for details, he's in the HCCA book.
          Backing up, interesting subject, mine does not back up well either. I have
          the reverse band adjusted so it will not lock into reverse as a safety
          measure, so you have to hold the lever back to back up. Just no power, or
          not enough hands. Have heard the same comment from other Maxwell guys.
          Any thoughts?
          Yes, hills work better with T's when you're working both levers, I've not
          had enough experience with the Maxwell to know.
          Jim

          OK, a little cyber workout. Interested in details on Cape May tour. It
          will be time to give Rochester a little workout by then. A little
          challenge first. The A did fairly well in Newcastle with hills but a
          month or so ago we had it out for Dianne's son who was doing a video on
          our cars for some cable group and it was difficult getting back up our
          drive - rather steep. I am almost sure I had sufficient gas in tank -
          been there a few time with the Model T. Either you back up or you won't
          go up. It just seemed to lack power - I had to stop and go to get up.
          The time has be remanufactured and the linkage is a little strange so I am
          wondering if the linkage is not allowing me to get enough movement to
          advance spark. Sometimes, I have found that with the T you can back off
          the spark a little when you are chugging a hill and things will move along
          better.

          This among a list a mile long of winter tasks is what I am up to.

          David

          On Sun, 21 Nov 2004, JIm Dix wrote:

          > Actually I'm posting something just to show Yahoo we're still alive,
          > more or less.
          >
          > Got the seat upholstered at an Amish Buggy shop near Penn Yan NY.
          > They also did Steve Heald's car and do great work at a reasonable
          > price, they do have a waiting list as you might guess.
          >
          > The project in the garage is nearing completion, hopefully it will
          > get out and the Maxwell will get in so I can get it ready for the 1 &
          > 2 cylinder tour in Cape May mother's day. Need to sort out the carb,
          > figure out why the mag signed out for a short (no pun intended) time
          > on the MA tour, along with putting seals on the transmission &
          > possibly the crank shafts to slow down the leaks. Made up a standpipe
          > like Tim S suggested to keep the level down. Need to put that in.
          > Maybe get the 1910 plates registered. And .................
          >
          > What are other folks up to?
          >
          > Have a good Thanksgiving all.
          >
          > Jim
          >

          > Yahoo! Groups Links