  • Paul Jacobson
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 22, 2003
      Hi Maxwell owners,I have just fininshed restoring
      a 1908 HC. I did all of the work myself,and
      willing to help others.I ran the New London run
      and have a interesting tip on oiling the engine
      if you have any problems. I am looking forward to
      talkig to other Maxwell owners. Paul Jacobson
      2186305517 Im in Mn.

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • JIm Dix
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 22, 2003
        Good to "hear" someone posting!
        Let us know your secret about lubing a car with a total loss system.
        I stopped running around the neighborhood last summer because there
        was a trail leading to my driveway.
        One of the frustrations I've had is that when the engine and oil is
        cold the oil naturally flows slower. If you adjust the oilers when
        the engine & oil is cold the oil flows more when it warms up. The oil
        thins out from the rising underhood temperature.
        I'm using 30 weight oil in a '10 AA. What are other folks using? Do
        you adjust the oilers cold or warm, I'm afraid if it's done warm it
        will be starved for oil when you start it and it needs it most.

        --- In maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com, Paul Jacobson
        <re5s@y...> wrote:
        > Hi Maxwell owners,I have just fininshed restoring
        > a 1908 HC. I did all of the work myself,and
        > willing to help others.I ran the New London run
        > and have a interesting tip on oiling the engine
        > if you have any problems. I am looking forward to
        > talkig to other Maxwell owners. Paul Jacobson
        > 2186305517 Im in Mn.

        > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
      • Paul Jacobson
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 22, 2003
          Hi, I dont have a fix for your hot, cold problem
          but I put a white background behind the sight
          glass and a mirror so I can see it by looking
          though the steering wheel. Good to here from
          someone. Paul

          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 29, 2003
            Hi, Maxwell used an engine belly pan in 1914, you
            might try that for your dripping problem. Paul
            --- JIm Dix <jdix6@...> wrote:
            > Good to "hear" someone posting!
            > Let us know your secret about lubing a car with
            > a total loss system.
            > I stopped running around the neighborhood last
            > summer because there
            > was a trail leading to my driveway.
            > One of the frustrations I've had is that when
            > the engine and oil is
            > cold the oil naturally flows slower. If you
            > adjust the oilers when
            > the engine & oil is cold the oil flows more
            > when it warms up. The oil
            > thins out from the rising underhood
            > temperature.
            > I'm using 30 weight oil in a '10 AA. What are
            > other folks using? Do
            > you adjust the oilers cold or warm, I'm afraid
            > if it's done warm it
            > will be starved for oil when you start it and
            > it needs it most.
            >

            > --- In maxwellbriscoeowners@yahoogroups.com,
            > Paul Jacobson
            > <re5s@y...> wrote:
            > > Hi Maxwell owners,I have just fininshed
            > restoring
            > > a 1908 HC. I did all of the work myself,and
            > > willing to help others.I ran the New London
            > run
            > > and have a interesting tip on oiling the
            > engine
            > > if you have any problems. I am looking
            > forward to
            > > talkig to other Maxwell owners. Paul Jacobson
            > > 2186305517 Im in Mn.

            > > Yahoo! SiteBuilder - Free, easy-to-use web
            > site design software
            > > http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com

            http://shopping.yahoo.com
          • JIm Dix
            Message 5 of 6 , Sep 29, 2003
              I'm fortunate to have an original engine pan for my AA, in fact I've
              been welding stress cracks in it today.
              I'm concerned that it is a place for oil and gas to collect. Several
              people have advised against using it for the fire hazard.
              Thanks for the help.
              Jim

            • cleoneck@aol.com
              Message 6 of 6 , Sep 29, 2003
                HI !
                I heard a compression leak on the left cylinder of my 1911 AB Roadster the first day of the Southern Leisure One & Two cylinder Tour in Paris , TX . Discovered  the  leak was coming from the large bolt going through the frame into the cylinder head. Tried to tighten it, but it turned out to be stripped. I removed the bolt the other day and naturally the threads are OK on the bolt. It's the threads in the head that are gone.
                Have any of you experienced this? and if so how did you fix it. Helicoil maybe?
                Cleon Eck
                Heath, TX