Re: MAXQ3120

  • squark_77009
    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 26, 2006
      Maxq2000 and Maxq3120 has the same core, therefore, can use the same
      compiler. I would recommend compiling C to asm and learn assembly.
      The MAXQ instruction set seem to be well designed for assembly
      language programming.

      Try google "gcc maxq"
      http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2004-12/msg00319.html

      --- In maxq-olimex@yahoogroups.com, "stric910r" <stric910r@y...>
      wrote:

      > But that is all for maxq2000. I need maxq3120...
      > Thanks for the comment, either way.
      >

      > --- In maxq-olimex@yahoogroups.com, KD5NWA <KD5NWA@c...> wrote:
      > >
      > > SparkFun is a dealer of Olimex product which include MaxQ boards
      > and
      > > JTag ports at reasonable prices.
      > >
      > > < http://www.sparkfun.com/commerce/categories.php >
      > >

      > > At 01:13 PM 1/24/2006, you wrote:
      > > >Is there an alternative to programming the Maxq3120 in assembly.
      > > >know there is C, but I don't have the money for their libraries.
      > It is
      > > >alot of money for the software to do it. I know C, I like C...I
      > just
      > > >don't really get Assembly. Simple Assembly yes, but I want to do
      > some
      > > >trig stuff...and I have no clue how to do it with Assembly.
      > > >
      > > >Is there anywhat to get the headers for the MAXQ3120 for C with
      > out
      > > >paying for all that other software?
      > > >
      > > >Is there a development board for the MAXQ3120 that Maxim doesn't
      > > >make. I'm a student, looking for alternatives to cut corners.
      > Any
      > > >ideas?

      > > > *
      > > > <mailto:maxq-olimex-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com?
      > > >
      > > > *
      > > > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/>Yahoo! Terms of Service.
      > > >

      > > >----------
      > >

      > > Cecil Bayona
      > > KD5NWA
      > > www.qrpradio.com
      > >
      > > I fail to see why doing the same thing over and over and getting
      > the
      > > same results every time is insanity: I've almost proved it isn't;
      > > only a few more tests now and I'm sure results will differ this
      > time ...

    • Paul Curtis
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 27, 2006
        That's got nothing to do with the MAXQ processor line.

        --
        Paul Curtis, Rowley Associates Ltd http://www.rowley.co.uk
        CrossWorks for MSP430, ARM, AVR and now MAXQ processors

      • stric910r
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 27, 2006
          Yes, I noticed this too...but I'm fine for now. . .assembly doesn't
          seem to be that difficult. Besides, it'll make the program run
          faster. Thanks anyways for the FYI

          --- In maxq-olimex@yahoogroups.com, "Paul Curtis" <plc@r...> wrote:

          > That's got nothing to do with the MAXQ processor line.
          >
          > --
          > Paul Curtis, Rowley Associates Ltd http://www.rowley.co.uk
          > CrossWorks for MSP430, ARM, AVR and now MAXQ processors

        • Andrew
          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 27, 2006
            Hi,
            Would you happen to know of a tutorial/howto that could help me apply
            this patch? I've never had to build GCC to create a cross-compiler
            before, so I'm a little out of my depth.

            Cheers,
            Andrew

          • tsvetanusunov
            Message 5 of 8 , Jan 28, 2006
              > Is there a development board for the MAXQ3120 that Maxim doesn't
              > make. I'm a student, looking for alternatives to cut corners. Any
              > ideas?

              We are working on Electricity metering reference design board with
              MAXQ3120, which will be released in 2-3 months.
              Another project is to add support to MAXQ-IDE for our low cost MAXQ-
              JTAG, just the software engineer who is dealing with this lately is
              overwhelmed with tons of other last moment small high priority tasks :)

              Tsvetan