hi!

  • Yennefer
    Message 1 of 5 , Jun 26, 2004
      Hi!
      My name is Aleksandra and I'm new :)
      Like everyone here, I'm interested in French Revolution and the most interesting person for me, is Maximilien. Maby there is someone who would tell me what you're talking about now? I'd like to join :)

      Aleksandra
    • Vanesa Montacuto
      Message 2 of 5 , Jun 26, 2004
        Yennefer <yennefer85@...> wrote:
        Hi!
        My name is Aleksandra and I'm new :)
        Like everyone here, I'm interested in French Revolution and the most interesting person for me, is Maximilien. Maby there is someone who would tell me what you're talking about now? I'd like to join :)

        Aleksandra

        Hi, Aleksandra:

        I'm Vanesa, from Argentina. We were discussing the 9 Thermidor, but we like all things related to Robespierre and his friends and we may discusse them if you want. I'm studying Hanriot and Augustin Robespierre's character's. If you know some info about them you may discusse them with me. We are interested in Robespierre and French Revolution in a whole.

        We are ready to talk with you, our new friend!

        Salut et Fraternité!

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Claudia Groiss
        Message 3 of 5 , Jun 27, 2004
          Salut Aleksandra!

          Welcome to the group and I hope you'll like it here.
          As you can see if you check the number of messages the group has been
          relatively quiet, that is there was no big discussion going on. So
          you are compleely free to start one!

          But let me ask first: which country are you from? How is/was
          Robespierre portrayed there?
          I am from Austria, where the assessment of Robespierre's
          accomplishments ranges from respect to furious contempt as the
          embodiment of all revolutionary evil. After all, Marie Antoinette was
          Austrian by birth. In my humble opinion, she was a parasite like the
          overwhelming majority of the aristorcracy and I don't understand why
          so many modern women adore her.

          I bought the 10-Volume reprint of Robespierre's works last year but
          are far from finished reading them. Still, I am amazed how many of
          the problems that Robespierre addressed are still with us today. His
          warnings against sending armed missionaries into foreign countries in
          order to bring them democracy, has been quoted quite often since the
          start of the war in Iraq.

          Well, so much for a beginning.

          Claudia
        • Olena Shon
          Message 4 of 5 , Jun 29, 2004
            Hi, Aleksandra!
            I am glad to greet you here, in this group!
            As for me, I live in Ukraine and I have been
            interested in Maxime for 15 years.
            I was lucky to read a novel by Stanis�awa
            Przybyszewska in the reading hall of the library in
            Kyiv and I must admit I was impressed very much.
            Impressed by the book, its style, Stanislawa's vision
            of events.
            And I would like to ask - what caused your interest in
            Robespierre?
            And one more question - do you know Russian? There is
            a community on the Internet, dedicated to Maximilie,
            but we speak there in Russian.
            Here it is:
            http://narod.yandex.ru/community/?com_id=36202
            Salut et fraternite!
            Lena

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • Yennefer
            Message 5 of 5 , Jun 29, 2004
              > Hi, Aleksandra!
              > I am glad to greet you here, in this group!
              > As for me, I live in Ukraine and I have been
              > interested in Maxime for 15 years.
              > I was lucky to read a novel by Stanisława
              > Przybyszewska in the reading hall of the library in
              > Kyiv and I must admit I was impressed very much.
              > Impressed by the book, its style, Stanislawa's vision
              > of events.
              > And I would like to ask - what caused your interest in
              > Robespierre?
              > And one more question - do you know Russian? There is
              > a community on the Internet, dedicated to Maximilie,
              > but we speak there in Russian.
              > Here it is:
              > http://narod.yandex.ru/community/?com_id=36202
              > Salut et fraternite!
              > Lena
              >
              > Hi!
              Nice to meet you. I was in Ukraine once - in Lviv and I'm in love with this city. I have a friend, Marina who I met in Internet. She lives in Kyiv
              Since when I'm interested in Maxime and all Revolution? Hmm.. I'm sure It started at school. Sometimes you read something and know that is IT. At first I was fascinated by Revolution and red many books on this topic. It was a first step to be fascinated by R. but it doesn't mean I'm uncritical. I even don't agree with many of his actions. But when I red about him I realized he wasn't evil or crazy. It was a coriosity. I like him because he is so complex. For me, he did many bad things but was an ideologist who wanted to create a better France.
              I'm not a fan of Przybyszewska. There will be "Danton" on Polish TV next week! I'll record it :)
              Aleksandra
              P.S. I can't speak Russian :(