Pictures, links... and Robespierre in Scarlet Pimpernel serie

  • katerina_ddkv
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
      There are added two new links and several pictures... also the table
      from Comittee, where lied Maximilien injured !

      What do you think about Scarlet Pimpernel serie - or how do you like
      Maximilien there? (see the link) I know, he is presented as the
      wicked one, but Ronan Vibert as Maxime is excellent. I think, he
      revealed also lot of Maximilien´s qualities to viewers of this
      serie. In fact, this is what caused my interest in Robespierre´s
      personality and in revolution.

      Salut et fraternité,

      citoyenne Katerina
    • Vanesa Montacuto
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2005
        Hi, Katerina:

        I liked very much the two new photos you posted. There are GREAT. How I wish to travel and to see this table! As for the Scarlet Pimpinerl..Well; I saw this one and I can't said I'd liked it. In it, Maximilien is the evil one, yes. I don't like him much in "The Scarlet Pimpinerl" I like him much more portrayed by Wojciech Pszoniak in "Danton"..Oh, and since we are speaking about FR movies...Did you watch "La Terreur et La Vertu"? It's an excellent movie, the only one where Maxime and our dear Antoine are the good guys, and Danton and Fouché the evil ones! I spoke about this film in the Saint-Just Yahoo Group, but nobody answered my message. :( If you want to read it, do it, since you are also memeber of this discussion group. If you may understand french, try to purchase this movie. Even if it is in black and white (it's from 1964) I found it absolutely GREAT!

        Salut et Fraternité.
        Vanesa.

        katerina_ddkv <katerina.1789@...> wrote:

        There are added two new links and several pictures... also the table
        from Comittee, where lied Maximilien injured !

        What do you think about Scarlet Pimpernel serie - or how do you like
        Maximilien there? (see the link) I know, he is presented as the
        wicked one, but Ronan Vibert as Maxime is excellent. I think, he
        revealed also lot of Maximilien´s qualities to viewers of this
        serie. In fact, this is what caused my interest in Robespierre´s
        personality and in revolution.

        Salut et fraternité,

        citoyenne Katerina

      • Susanna Betzel
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
          I always thought Ronan Vibert was excellent as Robespierre! The series
          is terrible, and the poor man has to work with a horrible script, but
          obviously he studied Robespierre and I think he does a good job
          presenting "the man". He has to say all kinds of stupid lines that make
          the character just a caricature of a villain, but he is still very
          convincing.

          For those who saw the 1982 Scarlet Pimpernel movie with Jane Seymour, I
          think that Richard Morant also made a very good Robespierre (the same
          problem with a script that made him eeevillll, but a good portrayal).

          Fraternité,
          Susanna

          katerina_ddkv wrote:

          > There are added two new links and several pictures... also the table
          > from Comittee, where lied Maximilien injured !
          >
          > What do you think about Scarlet Pimpernel serie - or how do you like
          > Maximilien there? (see the link) I know, he is presented as the
          > wicked one, but Ronan Vibert as Maxime is excellent. I think, he
          > revealed also lot of Maximilien´s qualities to viewers of this
          > serie. In fact, this is what caused my interest in Robespierre´s
          > personality and in revolution.
          >
          > Salut et fraternité,
          >
          > citoyenne Katerina

        • katerina_ddkv
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
            I agree with you Susanna, the script is terrible, but the
            performance was excellent. Do you know that it was made here in
            Czech republic?
            Unfortunately, I have not seen the movie with Jane Seymour.

            Vanesa, I think that all the actors in Wajda´s "Danton" are
            perfectly chosen, especially for Antoine, Camille, Danton and
            Eleanore. They looks like originals. Maxime is there lovely too, but
            he is a bit more older. This movie is my favourite, in fact I have
            no more FR movies (except above mentioned Scarlet Pimpernel series).
            I watch it really often and I have almost damaged the videotape. I
            hope it will be soon on TV again.

            I don´t know "La Terreur et La Vertu". It must be very good. There
            are not much materials with the right point of view to Maxime and
            Antoine.

            I have seen a good theatre performance "Pictures from the French
            revolution". I was in the theatre already 8 x ?! You can see some
            photos from this play on togemon´s site. I really love it. It
            descripes the whole revolution from the beginning to the Maxime´s
            death. The actors are singing also the revolutionary songs as Ca
            ira, Carmagnole, of course Marseillaise and many others. It is
            fantastic. I look forward to see it again. (Yes, I am crazy.)

            Liberté ou la Mort!

            Citoyenne Katerina

            --- In maximilienrobespierre@yahoogroups.com, Vanesa Montacuto
            <vmontacuto@y...> wrote:
            > Hi, Katerina:
            >
            > I liked very much the two new photos you
            posted. There are GREAT. How I wish to travel and to see this table!
            As for the Scarlet Pimpinerl..Well; I saw this one and I can't said
            I'd liked it. In it, Maximilien is the evil one, yes. I don't like
            him much in "The Scarlet Pimpinerl" I like him much more portrayed
            by Wojciech Pszoniak in "Danton"..Oh, and since we are speaking
            about FR movies...Did you watch "La Terreur et La Vertu"? It's an
            excellent movie, the only one where Maxime and our dear Antoine are
            the good guys, and Danton and Fouché the evil ones! I spoke about
            this film in the Saint-Just Yahoo Group, but nobody answered my
            message. :( If you want to read it, do it, since you are also
            memeber of this discussion group. If you may understand french, try
            to purchase this movie. Even if it is in black and white (it's from
            1964) I found it absolutely GREAT!

            > Salut et Fraternité.
            > Vanesa.
            >

            > katerina_ddkv <katerina.1789@s...> wrote:
            >
            > There are added two new links and several pictures... also the
            table
            > from Comittee, where lied Maximilien injured !
            >
            > What do you think about Scarlet Pimpernel serie - or how do you
            like
            > Maximilien there? (see the link) I know, he is presented as the
            > wicked one, but Ronan Vibert as Maxime is excellent. I think, he
            > revealed also lot of Maximilien´s qualities to viewers of this
            > serie. In fact, this is what caused my interest in Robespierre´s
            > personality and in revolution.
            >
            > Salut et fraternité,
            >
            > citoyenne Katerina

            Service.

          • Vanesa Montacuto
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 5, 2005
              I didn't know there was a theater performance named "Pictures from the French Revolution". The photos in Togemon's site let mi thinking that it would have been a great play.

              As for "The Scarlet Pimpinerl" I didn't saw the one with Jane Seymour, but the first one. I agree with you. Maximilien is excellent there, but as a man, not a politician. The script is, as you said, awful. I didn't know it was made in the Czech Republic.

              If you want to know more about "La Terreur et la Vertu", you may search its name in Google. The film has two parts. The first one is "Danton" with almost the same plot you may see in the Wajda's movie. But it is better, for the script added the troubles with Hébert too and the Fabre's bussines. This first movie ends with Danton's death. The second part is named "Robespierre", and it shows the troubles with Barras, Fouché, Fréron, etc, "l'affaire" Cathérine Théot et Vadier, The Supreme Being Party and of course Thermidor. The two films has lots of politics, and Saint-Just is always speaking about the Ventose Laws. The men of the Comittés are excellently portrayed. Even Carnot and Lindet.

              And you'll love this little secret: I noticed that Wajda and Heffron (The director of "The French Revolution- Les Années Lumières- Les Années Terribles") copied entire dialogues and plots of these two films. You'll notice the Danton's final arguing with Robespierre is almost the same you may hear in Wajda's movie, when Maxime and Danton are speaking in this awful hotel. And there is a scene in a little room in the Palace of Justice, near to Danton's trial that it was also copied by Heffron in "Les Années Terribles". Hanriot is speaking to Vadier againts Danton and having afraid the trial would not end as the robespierrist wanted. It is exactly the same plot, but the other man is not Vadier, but Lindet. Very odd! Isn't it?

              As for Hanriot character, I absolutely LOVE "La Terreur et la Vertu". Hanriot is NEVER drunk in this one! :D And I like this, for I never believed he was an alcoholic as legends said. Besides, in "La Terreur et la Vertu" he's pretty handsome, as he was in his portraits. If you remember the Hanriot showed in "Les Années Terribles"...Well, the man was UGLY! >_<

              <vmontacuto@y...> wrote:
              > Hi, Katerina:
              >
              > I liked very much the two new photos you
              posted. There are GREAT. How I wish to travel and to see this table!
              As for the Scarlet Pimpinerl..Well; I saw this one and I can't said
              I'd liked it. In it, Maximilien is the evil one, yes. I don't like
              him much in "The Scarlet Pimpinerl" I like him much more portrayed
              by Wojciech Pszoniak in "Danton"..Oh, and since we are speaking
              about FR movies...Did you watch "La Terreur et La Vertu"? It's an
              excellent movie, the only one where Maxime and our dear Antoine are
              the good guys, and Danton and Fouché the evil ones! I spoke about
              this film in the Saint-Just Yahoo Group, but nobody answered my
              message. :( If you want to read it, do it, since you are also
              memeber of this discussion group. If you may understand french, try
              to purchase this movie. Even if it is in black and white (it's from
              1964) I found it absolutely GREAT!

              > Salut et Fraternité.
              > Vanesa.
              >

              > katerina_ddkv <katerina.1789@s...> wrote:
              >
              > There are added two new links and several pictures... also the
              table
              > from Comittee, where lied Maximilien injured !
              >
              > What do you think about Scarlet Pimpernel serie - or how do you
              like
              > Maximilien there? (see the link) I know, he is presented as the
              > wicked one, but Ronan Vibert as Maxime is excellent. I think, he
              > revealed also lot of Maximilien´s qualities to viewers of this
              > serie. In fact, this is what caused my interest in Robespierre´s
              > personality and in revolution.
              >
              > Salut et fraternité,
              >
              > citoyenne Katerina

              Service.