Touching base with my peeps! :)

  • mattsdolls
    Message 1 of 9 , Apr 16, 2012
      Hi everyone!

      I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything--I haven't forgotten all of you!!

      Convention last year was a really successful one for me. Thanks to everyone who adopted one of my girls into their homes, and a special thanks to everyone who got swept up into the tidal wave of chaos that enveloped the room during room sales! (If I wasn't losing my hair before...lol..) I was caught quite off guard, but so thankful that there was the interest in my OOAKs ^_^ To all attending convention this year, we have a new plan so that shopping will be a more relaxed experience... for me too! lol!....maybe I should print out "I survived room shopping" tee shirts...? lol

      As for the lack of posting by me in the last few months--most of you know,the end of last year was a really bad one for our family with the loss of my Dad. I know I try to have a little mini collection out in Fall for you guys, but it was tough to get focused and be creative with everything that happened. I want to let everyone know I am knee deep in working on beautiful new dollies for convention-- there's a storm of fabric, beads, and nude dolls everywhere around here! ^_^
      ... You won't be disappointed come convention time, I promise!

      I also wanted to let everyone know that like last year, Matt Trujillo and I are donating dolls for the IDC (Italian Doll Convention) to help out with their charity auction! Once I have some links and more info I will let you all know! ^_^

      Anyways, much love and hugs to everyone, and thank you so much for your patience and for being part of our lives!
      *smooch*

      Matt
    • Al Scott
      Message 2 of 9 , Apr 16, 2012
        good to hear from you Matt
        do you have a date and time for your room sale.
        allan

        On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 9:33 PM, mattsdolls <shooby32@...> wrote:

[...]

      • Matthew Sutton
        Message 3 of 9 , Apr 16, 2012
          Hi  Allan ^_^

           We arrive the weekend before convention (Convention starts on a Wed, we arrive usually the Sat or Sunday before that).    We open up room shopping that  Monday, sometime in the afternoon.   No time set in stone yet, but it's always that Monday when we begin.  As a time is decided I'll let all know! ^_^

          Message 4 of 9 , Apr 16, 2012
            cool please do I missed your sale last year.  I am arriving on Sunday early morning so I will be there front and center on Monday for sure.

            Message 5 of 9 , Apr 16, 2012
              Hey Mats, so good to hear from both of you!
              Believe me I understand about disappearing for a while, I've been there myself!
              May I thank both of you again for my Mad Men Betty and OOAK Ken :)
              They are both cherished and have pride of place in my cabinet! I love them so much!
              Maryann hates me so much! Lol
              We'll all be over again this year and I'm sharing a room with the lovely Karen!
              More Tim tams to be had in our late evening soirées!
              Okay, I'm a queen of his word, so this year I'm happy to be a friendly door security person to let in 3 or 4 at a time :)
              I too remember your face when the stampede of bodies came in your room last year, you were stressed!
              I've worked in customer service and have experience in function and crowd co ordination. Happy to help out!
              It'll be great to all catch up again!
              Hugs David :)

              Sent from my iPhone

              On 17/04/2012, at 11:33 AM, "mattsdolls" <shooby32@...> wrote:

              > Hi everyone!
              >
              > I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything--I haven't forgotten all of you!!
              >
              > Convention last year was a really successful one for me. Thanks to everyone who adopted one of my girls into their homes, and a special thanks to everyone who got swept up into the tidal wave of chaos that enveloped the room during room sales! (If I wasn't losing my hair before...lol..) I was caught quite off guard, but so thankful that there was the interest in my OOAKs ^_^ To all attending convention this year, we have a new plan so that shopping will be a more relaxed experience... for me too! lol!....maybe I should print out "I survived room shopping" tee shirts...? lol
              >
              > As for the lack of posting by me in the last few months--most of you know,the end of last year was a really bad one for our family with the loss of my Dad. I know I try to have a little mini collection out in Fall for you guys, but it was tough to get focused and be creative with everything that happened. I want to let everyone know I am knee deep in working on beautiful new dollies for convention-- there's a storm of fabric, beads, and nude dolls everywhere around here! ^_^
              > ... You won't be disappointed come convention time, I promise!
              >
              > I also wanted to let everyone know that like last year, Matt Trujillo and I are donating dolls for the IDC (Italian Doll Convention) to help out with their charity auction! Once I have some links and more info I will let you all know! ^_^
              >
              > Anyways, much love and hugs to everyone, and thank you so much for your patience and for being part of our lives!
              > *smooch*
              >
              > Matt

            • Debbie Sang
              Message 6 of 9 , Apr 17, 2012
                Sounds great Matt! Hoping to adopt one of your lovely ladies!

                Debbiefs in Australia!

                Message 7 of 9 , Apr 18, 2012
                  yay!

                  See you there!
                  *hugs*
                  Matt

                  Message 8 of 9 , Apr 18, 2012
                    Hey David!

                    haha-- thanks for the offer of  being "security".... yeah last year was a little crazy but I'm thankful for the support of so many folks, so I can't complain :)

                    I can't wait to see you and Karen and Maryann and all my Aussies!!
                    *bug hugs*
                    Matt

                  • barbaran@kern.com.au
                    Message 9 of 9 , Apr 18, 2012

                      Please remove me from your mailing list, thank you, I'm not sure I'm meant to be reading all these personal emails and they're filling up my In Box.

                      thanks :)

                      Re: [Matthew Sutton OOAK list] Touching base with my peeps! :)

                      ---- Message sent via Adam Internet WebMail - http://www.adam.com.au/