Problem 91

  • jason1990
    Message 1 of 4232 , Oct 3, 1999
      Let a(n) be a sequence of complex numbers and M
      be a positive real number such
      that<br><br>|sum(a(j),j,1,n)| < M<br><br>for all positive integers n. Let
      b(n) be a decreasing sequence of positive real numbers
      whose limit as n -> oo is 0. Show
      that<br><br>sum(a(n)*b(n),n,1,oo) converges.
    • sum_what_ever
      Message 4232 of 4232 , Apr 25, 2011
        can't sleep (yawn), i spent around 3 hr.s on your your original post here. it seems this implicit function solution set is the semi-stable modular eliptical curves A. Wiles gave in his proof of fermat's last theorem. Your function is way simpler. have to get some sleep before i got to go to work, but the proof of this is around 4 to 5 pages as you said. i'll have to look at it more this evening. also, what's the scoop of you being the source for the plot of tron legacy? we should all get royalties! heheh.