Re: Zip Algorithm

  • clooneman
    Message 1 of 4 , Jul 2, 2002
      I took a text file of size 16777216 bytes (which is exactly 16 MB)
      and zipped it with WinZip. It consisted, in the zipped file, of
      16285 bytes. Why? The original file contained the letter 'x'
      16777216 times. All the information needed was that the letter x was
      repeated 16777216 times. Tsssh.
    • clooneman
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 3, 2002
        That "why?" was a rhetorical one, btw.