[Daily Brain Teasers] Maths Aptitude Puzzle - 17 December

  • lavesh rawat
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 16, 2012
      Maths Aptitude Puzzle  - 17 December

      A octopus has 8 legs. A hippogriff has 6 legs and 2 pairs of wings. A sphinx has 6 legs and one pair of wings. Now we have all 3 kinds and a total of 18 insects in a cage. We have a total of 118 legs and 20 pairs of wings. How many insects do we have of each kind ?

      Update Your Answers at : Click Here

      Solution
      Will be updated after 1 day

    • bogaduck
      Message 2 of 6 , Dec 17, 2012
        5,7,6

        --- In mathforfun@yahoogroups.com, lavesh rawat <love19_foryou@...> wrote:

        > Maths Aptitude Puzzle  - 17 December
        >
        > A octopus has 8 legs. A hippogriff has 6 legs and 2 pairs of wings. A sphinx has 6 legs and one pair of wings. Now we have all 3 kinds and a total of 18 insects in a cage. We have a total of 118 legs and 20 pairs of wings. How many insects do we have of each kind ?
        >
        > Update Your Answers at : Click Here
        >
        > Solution
        > Will be updated after 1 day

      • David Abrahams
        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 17, 2012
          There are 5 octopi, 7 hippos, and 6 sphinxes

          David

          Message 4 of 6 , Dec 17, 2012
            octopus-5, hippogriff-7 and sphinx-6

            Message 5 of 6 , Dec 18, 2012
              This is not a math problem.
              Only sphinxes are insects, so there are 18 insects in the cage.

              stevo

              On Mon, Dec 17, 2012 at 1:24 AM, lavesh rawat <love19_foryou@...>wrote:

              > **
              >

              > Maths Aptitude Puzzle - 17 December
              >
              > A octopus has 8 legs. A hippogriff has 6 legs and 2 pairs of wings. A
              > sphinx has 6 legs and one pair of wings. Now we have all 3 kinds and a
              > total of 18 insects in a cage. We have a total of 118 legs and 20 pairs of
              > wings. How many insects do we have of each kind ?
              >
              > Update Your Answers at : Click Here
              >
              > Solution
              > Will be updated after 1 day

            • MorphemeAddict
              Message 6 of 6 , Dec 18, 2012
                Correction: There are 18 sphinxes in the cage.

                stevo