[brain teaser ] Trap Door puzzle 1 April

  • lavesh rawat
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 1, 2011
      Trap Door puzzle

      A man is trapped in a room. The room has only two possible exits: two doors.
      Through the first door there is a room constructed from magnifying glass. The
      blazing hot sun instantly fries anything or anyone that enters. Through the
      second door there is a fire-breathing dragon. How does the man escape?

      Update Your Answers at : Click Here

      Solution:
      Will be updated after 1 day

      --

      "Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it and your
      enemies won’t believe it" .

    • bqllpd
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 1, 2011
        It depends where the doors are and how big they are. If they're directly opposite each other and they're bigger in size than you, this is a possible solution.
        First open the door with the dragon all the way, then run to the other door, open it all the way and stand between the wall and the door. The interior of this door is highly heat resistant from the fire of the dragon. The light from the sun magnified room goes into the room with the dragon in and kills it if the dragon passes in direct line of sight with the other door. This is supposing you ignore the rest of thermodynamics which states that as soon as you open the sun magnified door, you kill yourself too. Heat fills space that has an atmosphere.

        Have you thought about making your own group? This is a math group, not a riddle group full of ambiguities that aren't Mathematical in nature.
        --- In mathforfun@yahoogroups.com, lavesh rawat <love19_foryou@...> wrote:

        > Trap Door puzzle
        >

        > A man is trapped in a room. The room has only two possible exits: two doors.
        > Through the first door there is a room constructed from magnifying glass. The
        > blazing hot sun instantly fries anything or anyone that enters. Through the
        > second door there is a fire-breathing dragon. How does the man escape?
        >

        > Update Your Answers at : Click Here
        >

        > Solution:
        > Will be updated after 1 day
        >

        > --
        >
        > "Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it and your
        > enemies won’t believe it" .

      • ak010187
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 1, 2011
          MAN WILL THROW SOME THING TOWARDS FIRST DOOR, blazing hot sun WILL instantly fries THAT thing. Dragon will move from second door towards first door. Man will escape from second door.

          --- In mathforfun@yahoogroups.com, bqllpd <no_reply@...> wrote:

          > It depends where the doors are and how big they are. If they're directly opposite each other and they're bigger in size than you, this is a possible solution.
          > First open the door with the dragon all the way, then run to the other door, open it all the way and stand between the wall and the door. The interior of this door is highly heat resistant from the fire of the dragon. The light from the sun magnified room goes into the room with the dragon in and kills it if the dragon passes in direct line of sight with the other door. This is supposing you ignore the rest of thermodynamics which states that as soon as you open the sun magnified door, you kill yourself too. Heat fills space that has an atmosphere.
          >
          > Have you thought about making your own group? This is a math group, not a riddle group full of ambiguities that aren't Mathematical in nature.
          > --- In mathforfun@yahoogroups.com, lavesh rawat <love19_foryou@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Trap Door puzzle
          > >

          > > A man is trapped in a room. The room has only two possible exits: two doors.
          > > Through the first door there is a room constructed from magnifying glass. The
          > > blazing hot sun instantly fries anything or anyone that enters. Through the
          > > second door there is a fire-breathing dragon. How does the man escape?
          > >

          > > Update Your Answers at : Click Here
          > >

          > > Solution:
          > > Will be updated after 1 day
          > >

          > > --
          > >
          > > "Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it and your
          > > enemies won’t believe it" .

        • bogaduck
          Message 4 of 7 , Jun 2, 2011
            He simply strolls out the non-dragon door at night!!
            Peter

            Message 5 of 7 , Jun 2, 2011
              On Thu, Jun 2, 2011 at 7:53 AM, bogaduck <pmaxotzen@...> wrote:

              > He simply strolls out the non-dragon door at night!!

              That assumes that he's somewhere with night. He might not be.

              stevo

              > Peter
              >

              > --- In mathforfun@yahoogroups.com, lavesh rawat <love19_foryou@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Trap Door puzzle
              > >

              > > A man is trapped in a room. The room has only two possible exits: two
              > doors.
              > > Through the first door there is a room constructed from magnifying glass.
              > The
              > > blazing hot sun instantly fries anything or anyone that enters. Through
              > the
              > > second door there is a fire-breathing dragon. How does the man escape?
              > >

              > > Update Your Answers at : Click Here
              > >

              > > Solution:
              > > Will be updated after 1 day
              > >

              > > --
              > >
              > > "Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it and your
              > > enemies won’t believe it" .

            • MorphemeAddict
              Message 6 of 7 , Jun 2, 2011
                It's June now. Is the subject line just wrong?

                stevo

                On Wed, Jun 1, 2011 at 3:14 AM, lavesh rawat <love19_foryou@...>wrote:

                > Trap Door puzzle
                >
                > A man is trapped in a room. The room has only two possible exits: two
                > doors.
                > Through the first door there is a room constructed from magnifying glass.
                > The
                > blazing hot sun instantly fries anything or anyone that enters. Through the
                >
                > second door there is a fire-breathing dragon. How does the man escape?
                >
                > Update Your Answers at : Click Here
                >
                > Solution:
                > Will be updated after 1 day
                >
                > --
                >
                > "Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it and your
                > enemies won’t believe it" .

              • founder ldc
                Message 7 of 7 , Jun 3, 2011
                  Id take the door with a dragon, and ride the dragon to run away.

                  Hahahaha, I guess i read too much harry potter :p

                  Ex EDS UGM Debater, JDF-er for Life!!!