School Writing Project

  • kennedy.simanjuntak
    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 5, 2009
      I am a high school student, and I've been in long-term interest in math. Now, my school requires me to write something like short paper to be my last assignment (sorry, I don' come from US. I come from Indonesia instead). This time, I'd like to make something different (other than usual botanical project that students are used to).

      I'd like to write something about math, but I've got no idea about it. Could someone please give me an interesting topic to write about. Please give just the topic, instead of giving every hint that would ruin the fun in it.

      Thank You,

      P.Y. Simanjuntak
    • Edward Moore
      Message 2 of 5 , Dec 5, 2009
        You could do a history of Fermat's Last Theorem - there's lots to include, and it has a happy ending.

        Good luck!

        Ed

        ________________________________

        Message 3 of 5 , Dec 5, 2009
          Very interesting too. Another good and fun topic would be the Fibonacci series.

          ____________ _________ _________ __

          Message 4 of 5 , Dec 7, 2009
            I was just thinking of that one. Or you could do a biography. My suggestion: William Rowan Hamilton.

            --- In mathforfun@yahoogroups.com, Edward Moore <emoore06905@...> wrote:

            > You could do a history of Fermat's Last Theorem - there's lots to include, and it has a happy ending.
            >
            > Good luck!
            >
            > Ed

          • Steven Lytle
            Message 5 of 5 , Dec 7, 2009
              I learned about the Hamiltonian in university, but I didn't know who it was
              named after.

              stevo