Re: [math_club] can u please help me??

  • SAAD A
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 2, 2007
      dear mursid vi,
                              it is been long time i wrote 2u.did u get the answer f4m him?please reply, i really remain anxious whether my mails r sent or not.

    • Murshid Islam
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 10, 2007
        Saad,
        Arshad Momen sir has answered the question. this is what he wrote in his mail:

        Dear Murshid,

        The question you have asked is not a simple one.
        The notion of a calr product is sort of natural from a
        mathemeticians viewpoint but the cross product is sort
        of weird. Cross product is only appears in three
        dimensions. I think to introduce scalar product one
        should start with just multiplication of components of
        vectors and demand invariance under things like
        rotation etc.

        Come to think of it - how do you introduce the concept
        of a vector?

        Anyway, my personal opinion is that you can start with
        projections ( like shadow) to introduce the scalar
        product and the area vector for vector product.

        I am very much aware that this will not satisfy you
        but you can readily see these concepts are not that
        straightforward that I can convey to you in a couple
        of lines.

        Best,

        Arshad.

        On 10/2/07, Murshid Islam <murshid.islam@... > wrote:
        i am very very sorry. i couldn't even ask him yet. i didn't have internet connection for the last one week. i am extremely sorry for the delay. i will ask him today. and send the answer to you as soon as i receive it.

        once again, i am extremely sorry.

        murshid

        On 10/2/07, SAAD A < saad_923@...> wrote:
        dear mursid vi,
                                it is been long time i wrote 2u.did u get the answer f4m him?please reply, i really remain anxious whether my mails r sent or not.

        i m really sorry 4 sending the last mail 2 th group

      • Murshid Islam