Lets try some harder prob

  • Tarik Adnan
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 1, 2007
      Given a set M of 1985 distinct positive integers ,
      none of which has a prime divisor greater than
      26.Prove that M contains a subset of 4 elements whose
      product is the 4th power of an integer.
      Try!
      >moon

    • Tanvir Zawad
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 1, 2007
        Let a, b, c, d are prime numbers less than 26 and {a^4, b^4, c^4, d^4}
        is a subset of M. Now, a^4.b^4.c^4.d^4=(abcd)^4

        MTZ

        On 3/1/07, Tarik Adnan <moonmath420@...> wrote:
        > Given a set M of 1985 distinct positive integers ,
        > none of which has a prime divisor greater than
        > 26.Prove that M contains a subset of 4 elements whose
        > product is the 4th power of an integer.
        > Try!
        > >moon
      • spencerpanic2s0a0m3
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 1, 2007
          Hello,

          Excuse my limited understandig but, why there are a, b, c, d are prime
          numbers less than 26 such that {a^4, b^4, c^4, d^4} is a subset of M?

          Thanks,

          Sam

          --- In math_club@yahoogroups.com, "Tanvir Zawad" <tanvirzawad@...>
          wrote:

          > Let a, b, c, d are prime numbers less than 26 and {a^4, b^4, c^4, d^4}
          > is a subset of M. Now, a^4.b^4.c^4.d^4=(abcd)^4
          >

          > MTZ
          >

          > On 3/1/07, Tarik Adnan <moonmath420@...> wrote:
          > > Given a set M of 1985 distinct positive integers ,
          > > none of which has a prime divisor greater than
          > > 26...
        • Tarik Adnan
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 1, 2007
            do u think that making the set is upto u? huh... >moon

            wrote:
            > > Given a set M of 1985 distinct positive integers ,
            > > none of which has a prime divisor greater than
            > > 26.Prove that M contains a subset of 4 elements
            whose
            > > product is the 4th power of an integer.
            > > Try!
            > > >moon