First post of the group And some thinking on math

  • shanto86
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 21, 2005
      Well as i can see nobody has posted any message before!

      Anyhow, I think i don't have to give my identity but well, I am
      mahbub known as shanto to some one! But both is OK and mahbub is
      better to me!

      As i have looked up, perhaps mahbub sir did not join till now. But i
      hope when he will join he will read this post.

      Actually it is known that IMO problems are tough. So as a first time
      participation our goal is to get at least one Honorable mention. And
      from my experince of IMO problems geometry is comparatively easier if
      you can use your head ingeniously! So i am asking him to give
      emphasis on geomtry. It is not possible to give lecture through
      internet (Though it is possible but will not be good) so i am asking
      him to give us problem group one by one. In each group there will be
      three problems. 2 from geomtry and 1 from any other field of
      mathematics. and please give us olympiad level problems such as from
      APMO, USAMO, Russian MO, Chinese MO or something like that.

      Perhaps Munir hasan sir, will be member too, if not then some one
      please tell this to him. He once told us that we may join APMO this
      year. What about that? Will we? or not? If we could participate APMO
      sitting in our country that would be very good experince of real time
      contest and good practice ofcourse.

      Thanking Everyone for reading this mail..

      Mahbub
    • Kaykobad Mohammad
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 21, 2005
        Although I frequently cited that Honourable mention
        would be good for us but after the training camp I am
        convinced that our team will have better capability-
        getting medals should not be difficult at least since
        half of the participants will get medals. While I do
        not like to create pressure on you some of you
        definitely belong to that club. And it is important
        that you yourselves should believe in it.

        Here is one problem for you to solve.

        a couple invited 4 other couples to a dinner. Those
        who did not know each other shook hands. The land lord
        asked everybody else how many he/she shook hands with.
        Everybody replied with a different number. How many
        people did the land lord shook hands with? You can
        only assume that husband and wife know each other.

        Hint: try to use graphs

        Kaykobad
        --- shanto86 <shanto86@...> wrote:

        > Well as i can see nobody has posted any message
        > before!
        >
        > Anyhow, I think i don't have to give my identity but
        > well, I am
        > mahbub known as shanto to some one! But both is OK
        > and mahbub is
        > better to me!
        >
        > As i have looked up, perhaps mahbub sir did not join
        > till now. But i
        > hope when he will join he will read this post.
        >
        > Actually it is known that IMO problems are tough. So
        > as a first time
        > participation our goal is to get at least one
        > Honorable mention. And
        > from my experince of IMO problems geometry is
        > comparatively easier if
        > you can use your head ingeniously! So i am asking
        > him to give
        > emphasis on geomtry. It is not possible to give
        > lecture through
        > internet (Though it is possible but will not be
        > good) so i am asking
        > him to give us problem group one by one. In each
        > group there will be
        > three problems. 2 from geomtry and 1 from any other
        > field of
        > mathematics. and please give us olympiad level
        > problems such as from
        > APMO, USAMO, Russian MO, Chinese MO or something
        > like that.
        >
        > Perhaps Munir hasan sir, will be member too, if not
        > then some one
        > please tell this to him. He once told us that we may
        > join APMO this
        > year. What about that? Will we? or not? If we could
        > participate APMO
        > sitting in our country that would be very good
        > experince of real time
        > contest and good practice ofcourse.
        >
        > Thanking Everyone for reading this mail..
        >
        > Mahbub

      • shanto86
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 21, 2005
          Well, thanks for that problem.

          As I tried and got impossible as answer. It was not much tough
          problem! But I am a bit confused with the answer! If all the data is
          correct and if I understood the problem correctly then yes
          Impossible such a state is the answer.