*NEW* homeschool support group

  • meloniebugs
    Message 1 of 22 , May 7, 2001
      Hi. Just wanted to let you know that I am working
      diligently on forming a *new* homeschool support group for
      Lee County! It will be named Lee County Christian
      Homeschoolers Association. This will be a Christian support
      group working to edify the Saints through God's Word. I
      am planning LOTS of neat things and have enlisted
      the help of others who's heart is for certain people
      groups. I'll keep you posted on how this is formulating.
      TTFN!
    • bugstickers2001
      Message 2 of 22 , May 15, 2001
        We will be having a Well Trained Mind discussion
        meeting on the 18th from 1:30-3 at Lakes Park by the
        Lodge. We will be discussing the methods of the WTM and
        also other methods, as I have found that lots of
        people are using several different methods in their
        homeschools. This will be a very interesting meeting. I will
        post highlight here on the board for those who
        couldn't make it to the meeting. <br>Happy Homeschooling!
      • HolyQuest
        Message 3 of 22 , Jul 28, 2001
          In a message dated 7/27/2001 10:12:05 PM Eastern
          Daylight Time, ccarter@... writes:<br><br>>
          Could you tell me a bit about the yahoo group
          Melonie<br>> set up? Knowing more about it might make it
          easier for me<br>> to evaluate the
          options.<br><br>This is the link to the yahoo group Melonie started.
          Yahoo! Clubs masontriviumgroup It is Called "Mason
          Trivium Group" because I believe that Melonie was
          interested in both Charlotte Mason and WTM when she authored
          the site. I am already signed up and anyone of you
          who are not, can sign-up free at anytime. Here is how
          keeping in touch this way would work:<br><br>1. Once a
          person has joined this yahoo group, s/he could either go
          to this site and post or s/he may REPLY to an email
          from someone from this group. Either way, her/his
          message would be sent to all members of the group via
          email.<br><br>2. When I receive this message from this person in
          my email, I can either READ it, DELETE it, or REPLY
          to it. If I REPLY to it, it will be sent to all the
          members via email as well as posted to the board listed
          above.<br><br>3. And so on and so on and so on... otherwise known
          as an email loop complete with bulletin
          board.<br><br>4. Important to note: when you join this group
          listed above, you must set your preferences to RECEIVE
          EMAILS from the board or you will have to log onto the
          board every time you want to read the posts. They
          provide this option for people who prefer to not receive
          the emails and would rather just go to the board when
          they are able to.<br><br>I hope this explanation
          helps. Let me kow what you all decide to do. I am
          leaning in the direction of using this board because
          after all, it is already there and it is free and we
          would not have to leave our house with everything else
          we all have going on in our lives. If you all prefer
          to meet, we could do that instead. <br><br>Of
          course, there is always the option of doing both. What I
          mean is, we can use the board whenever we have
          questions, ideas, etc. but we can still plan to meet once a
          month for face to face contact. Here is an example of
          what I mean: Perhaps I post to the board and you all
          read that I have purchased a great new book that I
          love related somehow to WTM and I tell you all I will
          bring it to the next meeting. Next, at the meeting that
          month, you are all able to check it out whilst we do
          whatever esle we might do at our meeting.<br><br>Whatever
          we plan to do, I volunteer to give the proper
          officials the details... Leslie so she knows what to tell
          others, Gwen so she can post dates of meetings in the
          SuperCalendar (which is a GREAT FREE tool and if you are not
          using it you must be silly :) and to whomever esle we
          deem necessary... like Adrienne for the monthly
          Bulletin. I will not need to tell Connie Carter for the
          GCHSA monthly newsletter as long as she remains a part
          message to the link above for the benefit of all those
          who have already joined.