SHARE INTIMATE CONFIDENCES WITH YOUR LOVERS

  • Janet Kira Lessin
    Message 1 of 1 , May 3 10:49 AM
      SHARE INTIMATE CONFIDENCES WITH YOUR LOVERS
      by Sasha Lessin, Ph.D. http://www.worldpolyamoryassociation.com

      Enhance the intimacy with your poly lovers. Gather your pod, triad, quad or network, preferably in person–but on the net or video network or even by snail mail–and share your responses to the completions below. Then ask each other for elaborations on the responses you share.

      The idea is to know each other's emotions, thoughts, fantasies, hopes, fears, secrets, wants, needs, shames, inner conflicts, joys, in short, everything about them as well as you (hopefully) know their bodies and sexual preferences.

      If you're doing this exercise in person, one of you read the sentences in bold print aloud to your partners, then each of you answer. Read anything enclosed in square brackets [like this] silently.

      COMPLETE UNFINISHED SENTENCES

      1. Say What You Fear, Desire, Hope For in Your Poly Group

      What l fear is ...

      What I desire and hope for is ...

      2. What Worked, What Didn't

      The last time I wanted to (or did) scream or yell was ...

      I wanted to yell because ...

      The last thing that didn't work for me in my relationship with each of you was ... [Specify for each person in the group].

      What works for me now in relationship with each of you is ... [Specify for each person in the group].

      What I appreciate about my relationship with each of you is ... [Specify for each person in the group].

      3. Separations, Onenesses

      I feel separate from you when I think ...[Specify for each person].

      I feel oneness with you when I tell myself ... [Specify for each].

      4. Share Some Heavy Feelings

      The biggest disappointments in my life were ...

      The biggest challenges in my life now are ...

      What I'm most afraid of is ...

      My most destructive behavior pattern is ...

      Here's what I think of each of you ...

      5. Share More

      My two most treasured memories of love are ...

      I'd be willing to die for ...

      The last time I cried was ...; what I was crying about was ...

      Here's the hardest things about living with those in my home ...

      The things that make those I live with a pleasure to live with are ...

      6. Talk about Sex

      The best and worst things about my sex life are

      The features I like most and the ones I like least about my body are ...

      One sexual fantasy I'd like fulfilled is ...

      7. Expose What You like and Loath
      What I like least about each of you is ...

      What I like least about each of you is (or was) also my trait in this way...

      What I like least about myself is ...

      What I like most about each of you is ... [Specify for each person].

      What I like most about myself is ...

      8. Modify Your Partners

      If I could change each of you one way, I'd ...

      I'd modify myself by ....

      9. Disclose Dislikes, Discomforts, Demands for each person here

      I resent ...

      I want ....

      10. Desires For Each Other

      For you I want ....

      11. Forgive
      I forgive [say the name of one of the people present] for ...

      12. Count Blessings
      What I prize about each of our relationships is ...

      What I value about each of you is ...

      13. Risk Sharing Secrets

      You don't know I ...

      The biggest mistake I ever made was ...

      The most dishonest, dishonorable, things I've ever done were ...

      The fears and hang-ups I have that I hide are ...

      Two things I don't want you to know about me are ...

      I risk our relation, revealing ...

      If I had it to do over again I would/wouldn't get involved with [name of person you're most intimate with] because ...

      14. Declare Your Intentions

      Before I die, I intend to ...

      By ten years from today, I'll attain In five years, I figure I'll finish ...

      For the next two years, my objectives are ...

      This year, I'll ...

      The next two months, I'll manifest ...

      This month, I'll manage to ...

      This week I'll ...

      Tomorrow, I'll ...

      Today I'll ...

      15. Release at Decease

      I want my Will to say ....

      If I die first, here's how I'd want each of you to live out the rest of your lives ...

      16. Conjure Coming Incarnations

      If I imagine a future-life relationship, after I've complete the lessons about relations I learned in this one, here's what my future life would be like ...

      The parts of the future-life relationship I imagine that I can create in this life ...

      sashalessinphd@...