Patrick of Ireland

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 17, 2004
      And there the Lord opened the sense of my unbelief that I might at last
      remember my sins and be converted with all my heart to the Lord my God, who
      had regard for my abjection, and mercy on my youth and ignorance, and
      watched over me before I knew him, and before I was able to distinguish
      between good and evil, and guarded me, and comforted me as a father would
      his son.

      From the Confessions of Patrick of Ireland
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2010
        Thus I give untiring thanks to God who kept me faithful in the day of my temptation, so that today I may confidently offer my soul as a living sacrifice for Christ my Lord; who am I, Lord? or, rather, what is my calling? that you appeared to me in so great a divine quality, so that today among the barbarians I might constantly exalt and magnify your name in whatever place I should be, and not only in good fortune, but even in affliction?

        Patrick of Ireland
        From: The Confession of St. Patrick
        http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2358584