John Chrysostom

    Message 1 of 34 , Mar 16, 2004
      If artists who make statues and paint portraits of kings are held in high
      esteem, will not God bless ten thousand times more those who reveal and
      beautify His royal image (for man is the image of God)? When we teach our
      children to be good, to be gentle, to be forgiving (all these are attributes
      of God), to be generous, to love their fellow men, to regard this present
      age as nothing, we install virtue in their souls, and reveal the image of
      God within them. This, then, is our task: to educate both ourselves and our
      children in godliness; otherwise what answer will we have before Christ's
      judgment-seat?....Let us be greatly concerned for our wives and our
      children, and for ourselves as well...The good God Himself will bring this
      work to perfection, so that all of us may be counted worthy of the blessings
      He has promised.."

      John Chrysostom - Homily 21
      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 3, 2013
        Christ is Risen! + Truly He is Risen!

        Adorn your face, therefore, with modesty, piety, almsgiving, benevolence, love, kindliness towards your husband, reasonableness, mildness, and forbearance. These are the pigments of virtue; by these you draw not men but angels to you as your lovers; for these you have God Himself to praise you. When God shall approve of you, He will win over your husband to you in every way; for if wisdom illumines the face of man, much more does virtue make the face of a woman shine forth.

        John Chrysostom, Baptismal Instructions, The True Adornment of Women