John Chrysostom

    Message 1 of 35 , Mar 16, 2004
      If artists who make statues and paint portraits of kings are held in high
      esteem, will not God bless ten thousand times more those who reveal and
      beautify His royal image (for man is the image of God)? When we teach our
      children to be good, to be gentle, to be forgiving (all these are attributes
      of God), to be generous, to love their fellow men, to regard this present
      age as nothing, we install virtue in their souls, and reveal the image of
      God within them. This, then, is our task: to educate both ourselves and our
      children in godliness; otherwise what answer will we have before Christ's
      judgment-seat?....Let us be greatly concerned for our wives and our
      children, and for ourselves as well...The good God Himself will bring this
      work to perfection, so that all of us may be counted worthy of the blessings
      He has promised.."

      John Chrysostom - Homily 21
      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 1, 2016
        Christ is Risen! + Indeed, He is Risen!

        Just as at that time God took the rib of Adam and formed a woman, so Christ gave us blood and water from his side and formed the Church. Just as then He took the rib from Adam when he was in a deep sleep, so now He gave us blood and water after His death, first the water then the blood. But was then a deep slumber is now death, so that you may know that this death is henceforth sleep.

        John Chrysostom, Baptismal Instructions

        The Orthodox Bookstore

        Be sure to join The Orthodox Bookstore on the following platforms!