Theognostos

    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 7, 2008

      We will not be punished or condemned in the age to be because we have sinned, since we have been given a mutable and unstable nature. But we will be punished if, after sinning, we did not repent and turn from our evil ways to the Lord; for we have been given the power to repent, as well as the time to do so. Only through repentance shall we receive God’s mercy, and not its opposite, His passionate anger. Not that God is angry with us: He is angry with evil. Indeed, the divine is beyond passion and vengefulness, though we speak of it as reflecting, like a mirror, our actions and dispositions, giving to each of us whatever we deserve.

      Theognostos – On the Practice of the Virtues
      From Philokalia (Book 2)
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2261271

      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 14, 2009
        Having received from God a propitiation for your offenses, glorify Him who is long-suffering and forgiving, and make every effort to avoid deliberate sin. For though your sins may be forgiven daily until your death, it would be foolish of you to sin glibly with full knowledge of what you are doing. Nonetheless, if you drive off the dog of despair with the stone of hopefulness and supplicate boldly and insistently, your many sins will be forgiven you. Then, in the age to be, as a debtor you to will love he God who is beyond all goodness and yet has compassion for you.

        Theognostos
        Philokalia - Volume 2
        http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2261271
        http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2261216