A NEW book - The Person of the Christ: The Earthly Context of the Savior

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 30, 2008

      The Orthodox Bookstore

      Specializing in the writings of the Early Church Fathers

      A NEW book!

      “The Person of the Christ: The Earthly Context of the Savior”
      Written by Daniel Fanous with a Forward by Fr. Tadros Y. Malaty
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2698273

      Living in a world that differed radically from ours, Jesus is revealed by researching His context. To come into knowledge of this context, it is to first-century Judaism that we must turn.

      Through a most unique synthesis of Orthodox Christian theology, early Church Fathers, rabbinic writings, and contemporary Jewish and Christian biblical scholarship, this astonishingly unique book explores the atmosphere of first-century Palestine in which Christ lived.

      The Person of the Christ explores many issues including the inter-testamental period; the Pharisees and Sadducees; the Sanhedrin; the concept of YHWH and its significance for the Orthodox Christian; the Shekhinah–the Jewish understanding of the presence of God–and its rich potential for understanding the Incarnation.

      "As soon as I began to read this great book, I was unable to bring my reading to an end. The blessed son of the Orthodox Church of Alexandria, Daniel Fanous, has succeeded in guiding my inner senses into the times of the ancient people of God, through his engaging style of writing. This work has been presented logically, biblically, and historically, to reveal the context of the Christ...This present work reveals to us the richness of our faith, as well as its foundations among the early Jews." - Fr. Tadros Y. Malaty

      Special Offer – $20.00 –
      Introductory Pre-Order Sale price includes s&h within the continental US
      (For orders of 5 or more copies please contact orthodoxbookstore@...)

      This introductory offer is good through July 13th.
      http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2698273