John Chrysostom

    Message 1 of 34 , Jun 10, 2008

      Has someone grieved you, and insulted you, and mocked you? Consider how often you have done such things to others and even to the Lord Himself! Consider that you say, “Forgive us our debts, as we forgive our debtors.” Consider that if you do not forgive, you will not be able to say this with confidence. Where does it say that one who forgives his fellow servants should receive remission of the sins committed against the Lord? But nevertheless, we do receive such great loving kindness, because He is rich in mercy and pity.

      John Chrysostom – Homily on Philemon

      Message 34 of 34 , Jun 3, 2013
        Christ is Risen! + Truly He is Risen!

        Adorn your face, therefore, with modesty, piety, almsgiving, benevolence, love, kindliness towards your husband, reasonableness, mildness, and forbearance. These are the pigments of virtue; by these you draw not men but angels to you as your lovers; for these you have God Himself to praise you. When God shall approve of you, He will win over your husband to you in every way; for if wisdom illumines the face of man, much more does virtue make the face of a woman shine forth.

        John Chrysostom, Baptismal Instructions, The True Adornment of Women