To Mother

    Message 1 of 1 , May 10, 2008

      To Mother
      by: Philip Mattox, Source Unknown

      Every year on Mother's Day, my mother always tells us not to give her anything. So me and my brothers and sisters always try to do something for her. Last year my oldest brother sat down and wrote her a poem. It now is framed and is hanging on her living room wall. I thought that other people might like to read it.

      To Mother

      You Brought us up all our life
      Showing us wrong from right
      There was times I was upset
      But I know now it was good sense.
      You kept us warm and kept us fed
      You even checked on us when we were in bed.
      I never know how much you cared
      Till Randy wrecked his bike and hit his head
      You came out of the house with your housecoat on
      So Randy would not be alone
      There are so many mothers in this world
      But I have to say you are the best one
      There was times you were hard on us, I was mad
      But after years went by I am glad
      There's times I stop and think
      How wonderful it is to have a mother so great
      With all you said and did
      I'm glad you didn't give up on this kid
      So after this I have to say
      You are a special mother to this day