John Chrysostom

    Message 1 of 35 , Apr 17, 2008

      Every day God is addressing us and we do not hear; and yet He does not leave off speaking. You, therefore imitate this tender care towards your neighbor. For this reason it is we are placed with one another; that we inhabit cities, and that we meet together in churches, in order that we may bear one another’s sins in fellowship and love. Whatever advantages each man is able to confer upon his neighbor, let him not grudge, nor shrink from doing it, that we may be all together partakers of the kingdom of heaven; through the grace and loving kindness of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

      John Chrysostom – Concerning the Statues

      Message 35 of 35 , Jun 1, 2016
        Christ is Risen! + Indeed, He is Risen!

        Just as at that time God took the rib of Adam and formed a woman, so Christ gave us blood and water from his side and formed the Church. Just as then He took the rib from Adam when he was in a deep sleep, so now He gave us blood and water after His death, first the water then the blood. But was then a deep slumber is now death, so that you may know that this death is henceforth sleep.

        John Chrysostom, Baptismal Instructions

        The Orthodox Bookstore

        Be sure to join The Orthodox Bookstore on the following platforms!