Metropolitan Kallistos Ware

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 11, 2008
      His Eminence, Metropolitan Kallistos (Timothy) Ware, will be giving lectures in Northern and Southern California in February/March 2008.  His eminence is known for Orthodox books such as “The Orthodox Way” and the “Orthodox Church.”

      He will be giving three talks ("Building the Body of Christ") at the Greek Orthodox Cathedral of the Ascension in Oakland, CA on Friday, February 22nd and Saturday, February 23rd.  For more information, please open attached flier.

      He will also be giving three talks ("Drawing Closer to the Savior: The Sacramental Life") at St. Paul’s Greek Orthodox Church in Irvine, CA on Friday, February 29th and Saturday, March 1st.  For more information, please click on the following web page: http://www.stpaulsirvine.org/ware/ware2008.pdf

      This e-list is used solely to provide you with information on upcoming Orthodox lectures and events.  If you would like to be removed from this e-mail list, please reply to this message.  Thank you!

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2010
        The aim of the Jesus Prayer, as of all Christian prayer, is that our prayer become increasingly identified with Jesus the High Priest within us, that our life life should become one with His life, our breathing with the Divine Breath that sustains the universe.

        Metropolitan Kallistos Ware
        The Power of the Name
        http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=5568542

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 13, 2010
          Prayer is action; to pray is to be highly effective. Of no prayer is this more true than of the Jesus Prayer. While it is singled out for a particular mention in the office of monastic profession as a prayer for monks and nuns, it is equally a prayer for laymen, for married couples, for doctors, and psychiatrists, for social workers, and bus conductors.

          His Eminence Metropolitan Kallistos Ware of Diokleia, The Power of the Name

          Please note that our Ecclesiastical New Year Special is only available for a couple more days (through Wednesday, September 15, 2010)
          http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/p/9093324/ecclesiastical-year-special#

          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 23, 2012
            A person is far more that the conscious mind; besides the brain and reasoning faculties there are emotions and affections, the aesthetic sensitivity, together with the deep instinctive layers of the personality. All these have a function to perform in prayer, for the whole person is called to share in the total act of worship.

            Metropolitan Kallistos Ware, The Power of the Name