Allah or Jesus?

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 13, 2004
      Allah or Jesus?
      by Rick Mathes

      Last month I attended my annual training session that's required for
      maintaining my state prison security clearance. During the training session
      there was a presentation by three speakers representing the Roman Catholic,
      Protestant and Muslim faiths who explained their belief systems.

      I was particularly interested in what the Islamic Imam had to say.

      The Imam gave a great presentation of the basics of Islam, complete with a
      video. After the presentations, time was provided for questions and answers.

      When it was my turn, I directed my question to the Imam and asked: "Please,
      correct me if I'm wrong, but I understand that most Imams and clerics of
      Islam have declared a holy jihad [Holy war] against the infidels of the
      world. And, that by killing an infidel, which is a command to all Muslims,
      they are assured of a place in heaven. If that's the case, can you give me
      the definition of an infidel?"

      There was no disagreement with my statements and without hesitation he
      replied, "Non-believers!"

      I responded, "So, let me make sure I have this straight. All followers of
      Allah have been commanded to kill everyone who is not of your faith so they
      can go to Heaven. Is that correct?"

      The expression on his face changed from one of authority and command to that
      of a little boy who had just gotten caught with his hand in the cookie jar.
      He sheepishly replied, "Yes."

      I then stated, "Well, sir, I have a real problem trying to imagine Pope John
      Paul commanding all Catholics to kill those of your faith or Pat Robertson
      or Dr. Stanley ordering Protestants to do the same in order to go to
      Heaven!"

      The Imam was speechless.

      I continued, "I also have problem with being your friend when you and your
      brother clerics are telling your followers to kill me. Let me ask you a
      question. Would you rather have your Allah who tells you to kill me in order
      to go to Heaven or my Jesus who tells me to love you because I am going to
      Heaven and He wants you to be with me?"

      You could have heard a pin drop as the Imam hung his head in shame.

      Chuck Colson once told me something that has sustained me these 20 years of
      prison ministry. He said to me, "Rick, remember that the truth will
      prevail." And it will!

      Rick Mathes, is a leader in prison ministry.

      Check out the following WebPages

      Coptic Orphans
      <http://www.copticorphans.org>

      St. Shenouda the Archimanidrite Coptic Society
      <http://www.stshenouda.com/>

      Coptic Orthodox Christian Center (C.O.C.C)
      <http://www.thecocc.org/>

      Pope Shenouda Coptic Orthodox Theological Seminary (LA branch)
      <http://www.geocities.com/copticseminary/>

      St. Athanasius WebPages
      <http://www.st-athanasius.org>

      St. Athanasius Youth WebPages
      <http://www.stayouth.8k.com>

      UCLA Coptic Club WebPages
      <http://www.studentgroups.ucla.edu/coptic/>

      Cal Poly Pomona Coptic Club
      <http://www.csupomona.edu/~coptic/>

      St. Mary & St. Verena Web Pages
      <http://www.saintverena.org>

      St. Abanoub and St. Antony
      <http://www.saintabanoub.org>

      St. John the Beloved Web Page
      <http://www.saintjohnorthodox.com/>

      Verse of the Day
      <http://www.votdonline.com>

      Mark Sadek
      <http://members.aol.com/marksadek>

      St. George Coptic Orthodox Church, New York
      <http://www.cocstgeorge.org>

      St. George Coptic Orthodox Church, Bellflower, CA
      <http://www.stgeorge-lacopts.org>

      Archangel Michael in Santa Ana, CA
      <http://www.archangelmichaeloc.org>

      St. Mary & Archangel Raphael
      Burlington, Vermont
      <http://copticvt.tripod.com>

      St. George Youth
      Bellflower, CA
      <http://www.stgeorgeyouth.com/>

      myCopticChurch.com - The Coptic Experience
      <http://www.myCopticChurch.com/>

      Cal State Fullerton Coptic Club
      <http://www32.brinkster.com/csufcopticclub/homepage>

      Coptic Liturgical Vestments and other Liturgical items.
      <http://www.heavenlyembroidery.com>