Promises of God

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2007

      Promises of God

      SUBJECT

      SCRIPTURE REFERENCES

      ANGER

      "Be ye angry, and sin not; let not the sun go down upon your wrath." Ephesians 4:26

      "He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city." Proverbs 16:32

      "The discretion of a man deferreth his anger; and it is his glory to pass over a transgression. " Proverbs 19:11

      ANSWERED PRAYER

      "Then ye shall call upon Me, and ye shall go and pray unto me, and I will hearken unto you." Jeremiah 29:12

      "He shall call upon Me, and I will answer him, I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him and honor him." Psalm 91:15

      "The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry. The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them

      out of all their troubles." Psalm 34:15. 17

      BUSINESS

      "Commit thy works unto the Lord, and thy thoughts shall be established. " Proverbs 16:3

      "Masters, give unto your servants that which is just and equal; knowing that ye also have a Master in heaven." Colossians 4:1

      "If they obey and serve Him, they shall spend their days in prosperity and their years in pleasures." Job 36:11

      CHILDREN

      "Children, obey your parents in all things, for this is well pleasing unto the Lord." Colossians 3:20

      "Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee." Exodus 20:12

      "Children, obey your parents in the Lord, for this is right." Ephesians 6:1-3

      COMFORT

      "God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble." Psalm 46:1

      "This is my comfort in my affliction, for Thy word hath quickened me." Psalm 119:50

      "Unless Thy law had been my delights, I should then have perished in mine affliction." Psalm 119:92

      CONQUERING SINS

      "For sin shall not have dominion over you; for ye are not under the law, but under grace." Romans 6:14

      "Thy word I have hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee." Psalm 119:11

      "Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you." James 4:7

      DEPRESSION

      "The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and His ears are open unto their cry. The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles." Psalm 34:15, 17

      "He healeth the broken in heart and bindeth up their wounds." Psalm 147:3

      "And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes, and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain; for the former things are passed away." Revelation 21:4

      DISCOURAGEMENT

      "And let us not be weary in well doing, for in due season we shall reap if we faint not." Galatians 6:9

      "We are troubled on every side, yet not distressed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed." 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

      "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me; Thou shalt stretch forth Thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and Thy right hand shall save me." Psalm 138:7

      DIVORCE

      "For the LORD, the God of Israel, saith that He hateth putting away: for one covereth violence with his garment, saith the LORD of hosts: therefore take heed to your spirit, that ye deal not treacherously. " Malachi 2:16

      ETERNAL LIFE

      "And this is the promise that He hath promised us-even eternal life." 1 John 2:25

      "Verily, verily I say unto you, he that believeth on Me hath everlasting life." John 6:47

      "For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

      FEAR

      "Fear not, for I am with thee; be not dismayed, for I am thy God. I will strengthen thee, yea, I will help thee, yea I will uphold thee with the right hand of My righteousness. " Isaiah 41:10

      "Be strong and of a good courage, fear not nor be afraid of them; for the Lord thy God, He it is that doth go with thee, He will not fail thee nor forsake thee." Deuteronomy 31:6

      "So that we may boldly say, 'The Lord is my helper; I will not fear what man shall do unto me." Hebrews 13:6

      FINANCES

      "But my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus." Philippians 4:19

      "Therefore, take no thought, saying, 'What shall we eat' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'Wherewithall shall we be clothed?' For after all these things do the Gentiles seek, For your heavenly Father knoweth that ye have need of all these things." Matthew 6:31-32

      "He that spared not His own Son, but delivered Him up for us all, how shall He not with Him also freely give us all things?" Romans 8:32

      "Your Father knoweth what things ye have need of, before ye ask Him." Matthew 6:8

      FORGIVENESS

      "For if ye forgive men their trespasses, your heavenly Father will also forgive you. But if ye forgive not men their trespasses, neither will your Father forgive your trespasses." Matthew 6:14-15

      "Then Peter came to Him, and said, 'Lord, how oft shall my brother sin against me, and I forgive Him? Til seven times?' Jesus saith unto him, 'I say not unto thee, until seven times; but til seventy times seven.' " Matthew 18:21-22

      "And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake also hath forgiven you." Ephesians 4:32

      FRUSTRATION

      "When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee. When thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned, neither shall the flame kindle upon thee." Isaiah 43:2

      "Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for Him; fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass." Psalm 37:7

        </

      (Message over 64 KB, truncated)