Tertullian

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 29, 2007

      In all our travels and movements, in all our coming in and going out, in putting on our shoes, at the bath, at the table, in lighting our candles, in lying down, in sitting down, whatever employment occupies us, we mark our foreheads with the sign of the cross.

      Tertullian

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 22, 2008
        In summary, how many utterances of the prophets, the Gospels, the apostles—how many discourses, examples, parables of the Lord, are touched on! How many duties are simultaneously discharged! The honour of God in the "Father;" the testimony of faith in the "Name;" the offering of obedience in the "Will;" the commemoration of hope in the "Kingdom;" the petition for life in the "Bread;" the full acknowledgment of debts in the prayer for their "Forgiveness;" the anxious dread of temptation in the request for "Protection." What wonder? God alone could teach how he wished Himself prayed to. The religious rite of prayer therefore, ordained by Himself, and animated, even at the moment when it was issuing out of the Divine mouth, by His own Spirit, ascends, by its own prerogative, into heaven, commending to the Father what the Son has taught.

        Tertullian, On Prayer
        http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2265722

        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 21, 2010
          You abuse the commandments of the Lord, yet you call yourselves His sons!

          Tertullian
          From: What the Church Fathers Say About... Volume 1