From the Sayings of the Desert Fathers

    Message 1 of 45 , Aug 27, 2007

      Abba Ammoun of Rhaithou asked Abba Sisoes, “When I read the Scriptures, my mind is wholly concentrated on the words so that I may make elaborate comments and so to prepare myself to answer questions on it.” The old man said to him, “That is not necessary; it is better to enrich yourself through purity of spirit and to be without anxiety and then to speak simply.”

      From the Sayings of the Desert Fathers

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      Message 45 of 45 , May 15, 2013
        Christ is Risen! + Indeed He is Risen!

        Abba Theodotos said, 'If you live contently, do not judge one who who lusts, for like him you disobey the law. For the one who said, "Do not lust" also said, "Do not judge".'

        From: The World of the Desert Fathers