Ambrose of Milan

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 10, 2007
      Your name, O Mary, is a precious ointment, which breathes forth the odor of Divine Grace. Let this ointment of salvation enter the innermost recesses of our souls.

      Ambrose of Milan
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007

        While the people were stoning him, St. Stephen saw the heavens open, and the Son of Man standing on the right hand of God (Acts 7:56), but the people did not see God. Isaiah also saw the Lord of Hosts (Isaiah 6:1), but no one but him could see Him.

        Ambrose of Milan

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 22, 2010
          Christ is Risen! + Indeed, He is Risen!

          I was dead, but because in baptism I died together with Christ, I received the light of life from Christ. And he who dies in Christ, being warmed by Christ, receives the breath of life and resurrection.

          Ambrose of Milan
          From: The Way of the Fathers: Praying with the Early Christians
          http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2826299