Thomas à Kempis

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 29, 2007

      Christ is Risen!Truly, He is Risen!

      The holy works will be of greater value than many fair words; strictness of life and hard penitence will be more pleasing than earthly delights.

      Thomas à Kempis – The Imitation of Christ

      Checked by AVG Free Edition.

      Message 2 of 3 , May 14 1:59 AM

        Christ is Risen!Truly, He is Risen!

        The man who lives without Jesus is the poorest of the poor, whereas no one is so rich as the man who lives in His grace.

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 5, 2008

          Oh how joyous a life it would be if we could do nothing else except continually praise our Lord with heart and mouth! Truly if we could never need to eat, drink, or sleep, but might always praise Him and take heed only to spiritual studies, then we would be much happier and blessed than we are now, when we are bound, of necessity, to serve the body. Oh, would to God that these bodily nourishments were not turned into spiritual food which, alas, we taste but seldom!

          Thomas à Kempis – The Imitation of Christ

          Audio and Text formats are available as part of the CCEL MP3 Collection 1: Journals and Biographies

          http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2429284