Ambrose of Milan

    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 11, 2007

      Christ is Risen!Truly, He is Risen!

      Accordingly, to call the nations to the grace of his resurrection which is the rich and fertile land that bears everlasting fruits, fruits a hundredfold and sixty-fold, he bowed his shoulder to labor, bowed himself to the cross, to carry our sins. For that reason the prophet (Isaiah) says “whose government is on his shoulder.” This means, above the passion of his body is the power of his divinity, or it refers to the cross that towers above his body. Therefore he bowed his shoulder, applying himself to the plow, patient in the endurance of all insults, and so subject to affliction that he was wounded on account of our iniquities and weakened on account of our sins.

      St. Ambrose of Milan
      On the Patriarchs 6.31

      Message 2 of 6 , Aug 10, 2007
        Your name, O Mary, is a precious ointment, which breathes forth the odor of Divine Grace. Let this ointment of salvation enter the innermost recesses of our souls.

        Ambrose of Milan
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 9, 2007

          While the people were stoning him, St. Stephen saw the heavens open, and the Son of Man standing on the right hand of God (Acts 7:56), but the people did not see God. Isaiah also saw the Lord of Hosts (Isaiah 6:1), but no one but him could see Him.

          Ambrose of Milan

          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 22, 2010
            Christ is Risen! + Indeed, He is Risen!

            I was dead, but because in baptism I died together with Christ, I received the light of life from Christ. And he who dies in Christ, being warmed by Christ, receives the breath of life and resurrection.

            Ambrose of Milan
            From: The Way of the Fathers: Praying with the Early Christians
            http://orthodoxbookstore.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=2826299