From the Sayings of the Desert Fathers

    Message 1 of 45 , Aug 7, 2006

      …And the first one said, “Father, I have learned all of the Old and New Testaments by heart.” The old man said to him, “You have filled the air with words.” The other one said, “I have copied out the Old and New Testaments and have them in my cell.” And to this one, the old man replied, “You have filled your window with parchment. But do you not know Him who said, ‘The kingdom of God is not in words, but in power?’ And again, ‘Not those who hear the Law will be justified before God but those who carry it out.’” They asked him, therefore, what was the way of salvation, and he said to them, “The beginning of wisdom is the fear of the Lord, and humility with patience.”

      Message 45 of 45 , May 15, 2013
        Christ is Risen! + Indeed He is Risen!

        Abba Theodotos said, 'If you live contently, do not judge one who who lusts, for like him you disobey the law. For the one who said, "Do not lust" also said, "Do not judge".'

        From: The World of the Desert Fathers