Belonging to Christ

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 12, 2006

      One night during the First World War a chaplain crawled through the trenches. He came upon a dying, agonizing soldier. He tried to help him; took his torn, bleeding body into his arms and whispered words of spiritual consolation to him. The boy opened his eyes and looked somewhat startled at the priest. “Father” he gasped, “I do not belong to your church.” The chaplain answered, “I know, my lad, but you belong to my God.”

      Fr. Anthony Coniaris, Treasures from St. Paul ’s Letters ­­– Volume 2, Light and Life Publishing