Child's Analysis of Sin

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 27, 2006

      Author Unknown

      One rainy afternoon I was driving along one of the main streets of town, taking those extra precautions necessary when the roads are wet and slick. Suddenly, my daughter, Aspen , spoke up from her relaxed position in her seat. "Dad, I'm thinking of something."

      This announcement usually meant she had been pondering some fact for a while, and was now ready to expound all that her six-year-old mind had discovered. I was eager to hear. "What are you thinking?" I asked.

      "The rain," she began, "is like sin, and the windshield wipers are like God wiping our sins away."

      After the chill bumps raced up my arms I was able to respond. "That's really good, Aspen." Then my curiosity broke in. How far would this little girl take this revelation? So I asked... "Do you notice how the rain keeps on coming? What does that tell you?"

      Aspen didn't hesitate one moment with her answer: "We keep on sinning, and God just keeps on forgiving us."

      I will always remember this whenever I turn my wipers on.