Psalm 66 [Make a joyful noise to God,]

  • marksedrak
    Message 1 of 1 , May 5, 2005
      Christ is Risen! + Truly, He is Risen!

      Make a joyful noise to God, all the earth; sing the glory of his name;
      give to him glorious praise. Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds!
      Because of your great power, your enemies cringe before you. All the
      earth worships you; they sing praises to you, sing praises to your
      name." Come and see what God has done: he is awesome in his deeds
      among mortals. He turned the sea into dry land; they passed through
      the river on foot. There we rejoiced in him, who rules by his might
      forever, whose eyes keep watch on the nations- let the rebellious not
      exalt themselves.

      Bless our God, O peoples, let the sound of his praise be heard, who
      has kept us among the living, and has not let our feet slip. For you,
      O God, have tested us; you have tried us as silver is tried. You
      brought us into the net; you laid burdens on our backs; you let people
      ride over our heads; we went through fire and through water; yet you
      have brought us out to a spacious place. I will come into your house
      with burnt offerings; I will pay you my vows, those that my lips
      uttered and my mouth promised when I was in trouble. I will offer to
      you burnt offerings of fatlings, with the smoke of the sacrifice of
      rams; I will make an offering of bulls and goats.

      Come and hear, all you who fear God, and I will tell what he has done
      for me. I cried aloud to him, and he was extolled with my tongue. If I
      had cherished iniquity in my heart, the Lord would not have listened.
      But truly God has listened; he has given heed to the words of my
      prayer. Blessed be God, because he has not rejected my prayer or
      removed his steadfast love from me.

      Psalm 66